LibreElec 9.2 crashes while entering standby

• Hi,

I'm using LibreElec generic x86_64 on an asus eeePC. I updated from v9.02 to v9.2. Now LibreElec is crashing everytime it is going in standby. The log seems not be very helpful. A kodi crash log for this crash is missing at all and the normal kodi log seems to start right after the crash. Because I did a back up with clonezilla before updating I'm now on v9.02 again and it is working.

What can I do to find the reason for crashing?

Is it possible to update to v9.2 and go back to v9.02 via the LibreElec update dialog? That would save a lot of time because I can skip the backup.

Peter

• Hi Klojum,

I copied the temp folder before restoring the image. There is no kodi.old.log, only some kodi_crash.logs. I switched the logging on right before testing the issue again. May be logging works if I do a restart after switching the logging on. Can I update to v9.2 and go back to v9.02 using the LibreElec update dialog? So I could try it again.

And yes, the eeePC has a nvida graphics card (nvidea ion).

Re-edit:

I switched on the logging and updated again. Now I can provide a kodi.old.log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by peter0815: Pastebin link to kodi.log (December 3, 2019 at 6:31 PM).

• I tried to paste a full log but this stops in pastbin after line 1044:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And the other log starts with the resume 18:54 and ends with the crash 18:55

additional information:

I tried the betas. And since LibreELEC 9.2 Beta1 the standby is not working. So it seems the reason is something changed in LibreELEC 9.2 Beta1.

Edited once, last by peter0815 (December 3, 2019 at 8:59 PM).

• Sorry, but the log was cut by pastebin after pasting it, not by me. Thats why I did it again only with the end of the log. I tried just it again, now the log seems to be complete:

• Is it possible to update to v9.2 and go back to v9.02 via the LibreElec update dialog?

I did a downgrade from LE 9.1.x to 9.0.2 once by using the GUI. No problems. Should work with 9.2, too.

Code
    2019-12-03 18:48:34.848 T:140645189416704   DEBUG: CAESinkALSA - HDMI device "hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0" may be unconnected (no ELD data)
    2019-12-03 18:48:34.875 T:140645189416704   DEBUG: CAESinkALSA - HDMI device "hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=2" may be unconnected (no ELD data)
    2019-12-03 18:48:34.888 T:140645189416704   DEBUG: CAESinkALSA - HDMI device "hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=3" may be unconnected (no ELD data)

Does it crash when you have no HDMI devices connected?

• Hi da flex,

Yes, just tried it. With disconnected hdmi it also crashes.

Could it be that some old configuration is the problem? I had a Onkyo AV receiver some years ago that requiered some hard coded hdmi information because after waking up after standby the hdmi was not working. But this was 5 years ago and I removed this after the Onkyo receiver broke down. But maybe some of this information left inside my installation.

• I used the getedid script. First I tried getedid delete. Then tested the standby. Crash after 3 trials. Then I gave getedid create a try. Some result.

I also did the manual procedure for nvidia GPUs without success. So I guess that some forgotten edid is not the problem.

Now all the edid is removed via getedid delete.