Unofficial LE for RK356x RK3328\RK3399 RK3588(s)

• There are no open source for rk3528, as I understand. Please anybody correct me if I'm wrong!

There are unofficial Armbian ports; Almost everything works except the usual quirky stuff that TV boxes have.

It's the first time I hear of RK3528

Has been out for a while; Android 13 TV boxes that use it are super cheap: 15~20€ (during promo sales) for 4GB/32GB.

Good enough for Klipper or similar stuff.

• There are unofficial Armbian ports; Almost everything works except the usual quirky stuff that TV boxes have.

Yes I have been reading those posts on their forums and also uploaded my RK3528 board there. I hope to be booting armbian or other linux based OS soon

• I have a NanoPi-r6c laying around, seeing this thread made me happy, yay!

The SOC is a RK3588s that is about 50% supported 30% wip 20% todo if I read this right

https://gitlab.collabora.com/hardware-enabl…nline-status.md.

so these images are a godsend at this stage of development afaict.

Maybe replacing the u-boot, dtb and kernel then cross fingers and see how far it boots would be a good way to spend my time on this Sunday.

Which of the images would be a good starting point?

• This means that if I have the Orange pi 3b (Rk 3566), I should edit that file you say???

• Follow up on an old post - the issue was caused by the bootloader. It was (I presume) setting some values that the standard build was expecting to be set to default.

Updating the bootloader to the newest manufactures version enabled HDMI sound with the official build

• Hello,

searching through this thread it is not clear for me .... does the RK3588 version work on Orange Pi 5B boards? If so, which image from the 20240607-rk3588 directory would you suggest or which should I use.

Thank you.