Unofficial LE for RK356x RK3328\RK3399 RK3588(s)

• Yes those are what I have been using use but they just say Armbian not ArmbianTV on the filenames. Maybe you use the term interchangeably?

Are you sure you have a Quartz64 model ? Which eMMC module do you use ? Run Armbian and show the output of the "fdisk -l" command. Try to completely erase eMMC from Armbian (with the dd command) and perform the entire installation procedure from the beginning (installing Armbian, and then installing LE).

• Yes I am sure. I tried several times and it failed, so ended up using another emmc and it boots fine from it now. I can't get it to save a fixed IP address via LibreElec settings and can't set the mac (or ethaddr) in extlinux.conf

• I can't get it to save a fixed IP address via LibreElec settings and can't set the mac (or ethaddr) in extlinux.conf

Try creating file /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/99-fix-mac.rules with the following content

SUBSYSTEM=="net", KERNEL=="eth0", RUN+="/sbin/ip link set dev %k address 00:14:22:c8:c8:37"

• UPDATE: Found a copy of LibreELEC-ARMv7.arm-11.0-devel-20210818064457-34fd57d-rk3188 -- it boots fine. No wifi but everything else appears to be working. The current/newer builds in the first post have broken rk3188/cs918 support. Thanks balbes150 for the images.

I have a few rk3188 boxes (cs918) that I'd like to run LE on, but LE kernel panics about 1 sec after starting kernel.

I've tried all three 2021 armv7 rk3188 builds that are currently available in your Yandax disk -- the results are the same.

Code
    LABEL LibreELEC
      LINUX /KERNEL
      FDT /dtb/rockchip/rk3188-rbox-cs918.dtb
      APPEND boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=STORAGE quiet console=uart8250,mmio32,0x20064000 console=tty0 systemd.debug_shell=ttyS2 coherent_pool=2M video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080@60

Interestingly balbes150's ArmbianTV rk3188 builds boot fine on these boxes. I've tried overwriting LE's DTB by that of Armbian's, but it didn't solve the kernel panic issue.

Hints are appreciated. Thanks!

Edited 5 times, last by bluetako (August 28, 2022 at 2:12 AM).

• I have a few rk3188 boxes (cs918) that I'd like to run LE on, but LE kernel panics about 1 sec after starting kernel.

I have suspended work with rk3188\rk3288 for now, there is not enough time, so I can't help you with anything.

force a persistent MAC address:

it is enough to add to these steps "from_cmdline" a check for the presence of mac= in the command line, this will work for all platforms.

LibreELEC.tv/ethmactool-config at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv
    Just enough OS for KODI. Contribute to LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com
  • I copied the update to .update but this broke the emmc installation

Code
    Retrieving file: /dtb/rockchip/rk3566-quartz64-a.dtb
    ** Unable to read file /dtb/rockchip/rk3566-quartz64-a.dtb **
    Skipping LibreELEC for failure retrieving FDT
    SCRIPT FAILED: continuing...
    libfdt fdt_check_header(): FDT_ERR_BADMAGIC

I mounted the emmc and noticed there was only a dtb_old folder so I copied dtb folder from the image, but it still doesn't boot. It says could not mount Label=LE_EMMC

• Continuing on, since my emmc is no longer usable I installed the new image to SD card but it still doesn't take the mac= parameter The udev rule approach you suggested was working from the emmc.

• Is there a special version of Armbian I need to install before running this? I can get Armbian booting off emmc fine but when I install LE to this same emmc it will not boot. It seems to be looking fro uefi?

mac= is working from SD

• Is there a special version of Armbian I need to install before running this? I can get Armbian booting off emmc fine but when I install LE to this same emmc it will not boot. It seems to be looking fro uefi?

I did a full test. Downloaded the latest version of Armbian

Armbian_22.11.0-trunk_Quartz64a_jammy_edge_6.0.0_xfce_desktop.img.xz
    Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс.Диска
    disk.yandex.ru

, recorded it on an SD card and installed it on eMMC. Downloaded the latest version of LE

LibreELEC-ARMv8.arm-11.0-devel-20220906134712-e014594-rk3566-quartz64a.img.gz
    Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс.Диска
    disk.yandex.ru

and recorded it on a USB flash drive, run and installed LE on eMMC. I started LE with eMMC and performed the setup, everything works without problems.

Which eMMC module and power supply do you use ? How do you install Armbian ?

• I didn't install a 6.0.0 version of Armbian, I will try that.

Edit: With a 6.0.0 version of Armbian I was able to boot LE nicely from emmc with the good mac too. Now I wait to see that a new version upgrade works. Will this new bootloader be stable?

• I have been away and missed the last few updates but I just tried to update the emmc to the latest version using the latest file in .update and the update failed with the missing /dtb/rockchip/rk3566-quartz64-a.dtb among other things. So I guess the emmc install isn't very useful with these pre release kernel builds.