Unofficial LE for RK356x RK3328\RK3399 RK3588(s)

• balbes150 - found some time to test your image on the Odroid-M1 (booting with the SPI factory Apr 24 2022 u-boot - and "fw_setenv skip_spiboot true" and "fw_setenv panel display_vu8m") I have tested both the Petitboot and Odroid ubuntu image on both the HDMI/DSI.

Log from the boot.

• Using your .... 20220726 .... -rk3568.img.gz image

LibreELEC:/ # dmesg - http://ix.io/46dL

pastekodi - http://ix.io/46dJ

- no display on either the MIPI-DSI or the HDMI for an hour or so

- Well after going out for an hour or so. My LG 4K 27" Screen happily had LE11 on it when I came home waiting for me to set it up.

- played a movie

- it crashed ...

Code
    [ 7034.065319] failed toip-drm display-subsystem: swioes), total 32768 (slots), used 316 (sld to map scatterlist
    [ 7034.165tem: swiotlb buffer is full (sz: 6ts), used 316 (slots)
    [ 7034.198707] failed to map schip-drm display-subsystem: swiotlb tes), total 32768 (slots), 3ed to map scatterlis

[ 7088.449527] [3416]: Failed to unmount /flash: Device or resource busy

[ 7088.456629] watchdog: watchdog0: watchdog did not stop!
    [ 7088.459407] systemd-shutdown[1]: Failed to finalize file systems, loop devices, ignoring.
    [ 7088.571533] gpiod_set_value: invalid GPIO (errorpointer)
    [ 7088.577114] reboot: Restarting system

- but a good start.

** Again no video on start ** it came along after a while (an hour)

Video did come along, I needed to run systemctl restart kodi. As it was stuck on the LibreELEC boot image with the boot text in the top left corner.

• ver 20220819 kernel 5.19.1

Thanks for the test builds. I installed this Quartz64a build and it easily passes my test of hosting a pvr server and allowing Kodi to play live TV on the host and stream to another box, while recording a third show, with lots to spare (writing to SD)

However some that things continue to be a problem

- emmc installs complain that LIBRELEC is not mounted. SD card installs work fine.

- there is no OSD over video.

- no MAC address

Martin

• emmc installs complain that LIBRELEC is not mounted. SD card installs work fine.

I have not checked the installation mode on eMMC. How do you perform the installation on eMMC ? Can you show the UART startup log from eMMC ?

there is no OSD over video.

For the menu to work properly, you must change the player settings. Open settings, switch to expert mode, open player settings, video, change rendering mode from DRM to EGL.

no MAC address

sorry, I don't understand what it's about, write in more detail.

• Here is the boot sequence

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    I just burn to emmc with Etcher since installtoemmc.sh doesn't work.

Turning on EGL rendering gave me the OSD thanks.

When I say no MAC address, I need to use a fixed IP since every time LE boots it has an new MAC and my DHCP server gives a new IP address.

• When I say no MAC address, I need to use a fixed IP since every time LE boots it has an new MAC and my DHCP server gives a new IP address.

Judging by the log, the system is running eMMC. What is the problem ? Show the startup log with the remote option in extlinux.conf "quiet".

To fix the address, you can use several options.

Set a static IP address in the LE settings. Either add the variable "mac=" to extlinux.conf or register fixed settings via LE settings.

• I get this on the screen and it stops

Version 20220824. fixed installation on eMMC for rk356x models. Important. the order of installation on eMMC for rk356x. Before installing LE, you must install ArmbianTV, this is necessary to update u-boot in eMMC (without updating u-boot, there are no guarantees that the system will start from eMMC). After installing Armbian, we run and install LE. To install LE, open the LE settings -> eMMC menu and select the eMMC installation mode in it. The automatic procedure for installing LE on eMMC will be started, after the installation is completed, the system automatically shuts down, disconnect the media and start the system. Please note, after updating u-boot in eMMC, you can run any Armbian\LE\AltLinux system from any media (SD card or USB media).

see the details in this topic

Armbian and LibreELEC and AltLinux for Quartz64

• I am not sure what you mean by ArmbianTV but I installed one of the Armbian desktops I had made sure it worked ok, then run the LE setup to emmc and I guess it finishes since it goes to black screen. It did something because desktop no longer starts but neither does LE, the boot hangs with the pxeboot.

It has U-Boot SPL 2022.04-armbian (Jul 07 2022 - 08:50:57 +0300) and log is here

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Martin

• I am not sure what you mean by ArmbianTV

See ArmbianTV images for details in this topic.

Armbian and LibreELEC and AltLinux for Quartz64

It has U-Boot SPL 2022.04-armbian (Jul 07 2022 - 08:50:57 +0300) and log is here

Judging by the log, u-boot does not see extlinux.conf on eMMC. Write ArmbianTV to a USB flash drive, connect to Quartz64a (only eMMC and USB flash drive should be connected, SD card should be disconnected). Run ArmbianTV from a USB flash drive and check the contents of the eMMC, there should be two partitions and on the first file /extlinux/extlinux.conf. Try writing LE to a USB flash drive and repeat the installation procedure. My installation on eMMC runs without problems on all devices (Qurtz64a , Station P2\M2, Banana PI R2 pro).