Unofficial LE for RK356x RK3328\RK3399 RK3588(s)

• These are not official test images for the RK33xx and rk356x rk3588(s).

Pay attention. Starting from version (20200826), the configuration order for the used DTB changes.

Please note that the algorithm for initial configuration of the system for startup has changed. Instead of a file "uEnv.txt", the file "/extlinux/extlinux.conf " is now used. The rules for editing a file remain the same.

After writing the image, you must correctly configure the DTB used in the file uEnv.txt

kernel 5.

Images rk3328 and r3399 and 3288 are universal, when starting from USB media images are interchangeable (the only difference is used for the image u-boot and UART console output settings). Tar archives for updating are also universal.

Note that the new generic images now use a single download directory.

Important. Changed the directory location of the images. Now all images (for all supported platforms) are in one place.

LIBREELEC — Yandex.Disk

Old (not support_

https://yadi.sk/d/xhf45z3bk-joga

Add u-boot to SD card

If you have any working system on the SD card that starts normally, you will be able to check the LE. You need to try to replace the u-boot in LE, on the version with a working SD card. You need to perform a few additional steps when preparing an SD card.

1. Remove from working SD card u-boot. This can be done with this command on a Linux PC.

dd if=/dev/<name_you_SD_works_card> of=u-boot-rockpro.img bs=1M count=16

2. Write LE to SD card, configure DTB and replace u-boot with taken from working SD card. U-boot replacement is performed by two commands.

dd if=u-boot-rockpro.img of=/dev/<new_SD_card_LE> conv=fsync bs=1 count=442

dd if=u-boot-rockpro.img of=/dev/<new_SD_card_LE> conv=fsync bs=512 skip=1 seek=1

After that, you can try running LE on RockPro. The last two commands write a working u-boot and save the existing partition table for the system written to the SD card. By the way, in the same way you can replace u-boot for Armbian system and check the start of any image.

Support model :

Firefly Station M1 (rk3328)

Firefly Station P1 (rk3399)

Firefly-rk3399 (rk3399)

Firefly Station M2 (rk3566)

Firefly Station P2 (rk3568)

NanoPC T4 (rk3399)

Quartz64 A (rk3566)

Quartz64 B (rk3566)

Banana Pi BPI-R2 Pro (rk3568)

Firefly Station M3 (rk3588s)

• Hi

Testing on RockPi 4 RK3399

Working

- Mpeg2, H264

Not working

- Wifi, bluetooth (Is working on Manjaro Linux with 5.3 kernel)

- 10 Bit Color H264/H265

- Fractional frequencies 23.976, 29.97, 59.94hz not available

- HDR

- SD Xvid/Divx videos have corrupted blocks during playback

What is the new Boot Android from emmc options?

• If in Manjaro did not change the kernel (did not add patches), in the kernel everything should be enough (you can try to take DTB from their image). WiFi requires several elements. Try adding firmware (you may need your own options for Rock PI 4). I don't have this equipment, I can't help you with finding bugs. Do not pay attention to the options, they do not work yet (designed for AML).

• Tried the latest image (20191210) on RK3399 RockPro with 5.4 kernel - Not booting (LEDs are not even active). I changed the DTB in extlinux.cfg and even tried to removed the "quiet" flag. Unfortuantly my RockPro is only connected to a TV, so if the RockPro hangs very early in the boot I cannot help.

• Tried the latest image (20191210) on RK3399 RockPro with 5.4 kernel - Not booting (LEDs are not even active). I changed the DTB in extlinux.cfg and even tried to removed the "quiet" flag. Unfortuantly my RockPro is only connected to a TV, so if the RockPro hangs very early in the boot I cannot help.

If you have any working system on the SD card that starts normally, you will be able to check the LE. You need to try to replace the u-boot in LE, on the version with a working SD card. You need to perform a few additional steps when preparing an SD card.

1. Remove from working SD card u-boot. This can be done with this command on a Linux PC.

dd if=/dev/<name_you_SD_works_card> of=u-boot-rockpro.img bs=1M count=16

2. Write LE to SD card, configure DTB and replace u-boot with taken from working SD card. U-boot replacement is performed by two commands.

dd if=u-boot-rockpro.img of=/dev/<new_SD_card_LE> conv=fsync bs=1 count=442

dd if=u-boot-rockpro.img of=/dev/<new_SD_card_LE> conv=fsync bs=512 skip=1 seek=1

After that, you can try running LE on RockPro. The last two commands write a working u-boot and save the existing partition table for the system written to the SD card. By the way, in the same way you can replace u-boot for Armbian system and check the start of any image.

• Hi balbes150,

thanks for the explanation. Today I tried to compile the LibreElec from Head specifically for the RockPro64 and got a different uboot then in your image. With my build the RockPro64 started without any problems. Can you check your build parameters? Maybe it is not possible to just build one image for all RK3399 boards and then handle the difference via the DTB. (but I am no expert).

If anyone wants to try my build for the RockPro64 (also including the patch 3560 from Kwiboo for the Linux Kernel 5.4).

MEGA

Kodi starts without any problems on my RockPro64.

• Can you check your build parameters? Maybe it is not possible to just build one image for all RK3399 boards and then handle the difference via the DTB. (but I am no expert).

The u-boot parameters in my build are correct (for the models I use). I am using a new u-boot with a set of new features that are not present in the old version of u-boot that you built. In theory, it is probably possible to build a new u-boot that will work on your model. But I don't have RockPro64 for such tests. RK startup principles cannot work with multiple u-boot variants at the same time. To work around this problem, you need to use the combined startup option (simultaneously using an SD card with the desired u-boot and necessarily without the system + the entire system on a USB drive). But for this option, you need to make changes to the u-boot sources that you used.

• Hi,

I tried your image and with the tipps about the replacing the uboot I got my RockPro64 to boot, thank you.

I don't know if its a bug, but I have to disable HW acceleration in Kodi to get any videos to work. With HW acceleration the videos are either displayed only on the lower screen (H.264) or don't work at all (H.265, only sound). I tried to google the error message and ended up in threads about v4l2 problems. I think "everything" is still in work for HW accerleration in the newer kernel.

The important bits of the log file:

2019-12-20 18:49:45.108 T:688 ERROR: ffmpeg[(nil)X]: [hevc] v4l2_request_probe_video_device: try output format failed

2019-12-20 18:49:45.109 T:688 ERROR: ffmpeg[(nil)X]: [hevc] Failed setup for format drm_prime: hwaccel initialisation returned error.

2019-12-20 18:49:45.109 T:688 ERROR: CDVDVideoCodecDRMPRIME::GetFormat - unsupported pixel format

Simular for h264.

• The new version 20200116.

Please note that the DTB configuration order has changed. now a single configuration method is used for all Rockchip Allwinner Amlogic platforms. The file (uEnv.txt) is used for configuration DTB. The system installation script in eMMC has changed accordingly. If you have a kernel 5 system installed in eMMC, it is advisable to perform a clean installation in eMMC to upgrade to the new version.