Advice required about ightning symbol and vertical yellow line on screen

• Hello all.

This is my first post re my Pi3B+/LibreELEC/Kodi set up. I get a lightning symbol popping up top right corner on the screen for 3-4 seconds every 30 seconds or so There is also a thin yellow vertical line down the right side of the screen which stays on all the time. Are these cause for worry and, if so, what should be done about it? (Does not affect any of the functions though.)

Any and all advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

• The lightning symbol popping up basically means that you are using a crappy power adapter which cannot deliver the power needs of the Raspberry Pi . A proper 2.5 Amps adapter is required.

The thin yellow line is a mystery to me.

• Thanks for the prompt reply, Klojum. Makes sense, lightning symbol and all. Would never have thought so because I sent for the complete package from Amazon just so as I would get the proper PSU with it. Ah well, live and learn!

That's just a bunch of bits that a third party re-seller has collected to sell as a bundle. It's not an official complete package, and chances are the USB PSU they're bundling isn't particularly good, and it's not capable of delivering the required current and voltage.

I'd always recommend people to buy the Raspberry Pi official PSUs. They are good value and 'just work'.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/raspberry-pi-power-adapter-uk/dp/b01ccr5p8u/

Edited once, last by noggin (November 19, 2019 at 10:30 AM).

• Thanks for the prompt reply, Klojum. Makes sense, lightning symbol and all. Would never have thought so because I sent for the complete package from Amazon just so as I would get the proper PSU with it. Ah well, live and learn!

I bought the exact same set and I also suffered from the same issues with the power adapter. I recently bought the official Raspberry Pi adapter and the yellow bolt icon is gone. Now I need to fix the temperature issues because my Raspberry Pi is running hot while watching live TV. ;)

• I would say budget for an Official PSU for peace of mind and a proven heatsink or heatsink designed case.

I have RPi4-4 (early release), Pimoroni Heatsink Case, Official PSU and HDHomeRun Connect Quatro running LE 9.1.002 with Kodi 18.3 (18.3 supports commercial skipping, 18.4 does not, 18.5 will).

My main use is PVR, often recording several HD TV programs at the same time, running comskip on all of them afterwards whilst playing a recording (amazing!). Even when running multiple comskips I rarely see temps over 64C and typically between 48C - 52C.