Display issues with multiple screen

• Hi threre,

Since I'm using Libreelec (seveal months now), I'm facing an issue that I don't face with any other source that I can't fix despite multiple attempts with set up adjustments.

I have several sources connected to an AV amplifier (Pioneer SX-LX79), from which image is displayed on two different screen (via two synchronized HMDI out), one 1080p TV and one 1080p projector.

The first issue I have is that when I use Libreelec on my videoprojector, and then the next time on my TV, then Libreelec automatically swithes to 640*480 resolution / 60 Fps (instead of 24).

The second issue is that when I use Libreelec with my projector, each time I launch a video, the video doesn't with the whole screen. I have to change source on my AV amp and then go back to Libreelec and then the image fit the screen.
    So for instance, if you sequence several video (several TV show episode in a row, or a pre show sequence before a movie), then each time the system change to another video, then the video is back becoming not wide screen.
    I've been trying to restart Libreelec (while staying on the projector), and noticed that Libreelec then switch by itself to 30 pfps, which is not correct and I have to manually change it.

I thought at first it might come from the amp and I've been investigating this lead and I didn't find something conclusive, then I thought but first I don't have this issue with 3 the other source I use, and I swichted all video processing off on my AV amp, so it is now passthrough from a video point of view , and the issue is still there.

Is this a bug , or a set up that I am missing, or whatever your thought are, I would like to read it.

Thanks for your support.

Warmest regards

Guillaume

• Hi Irusak,

Just updated my LE system with the beta build, and the issue is still there, meaning :

_ When running LE on my 1080p videoprojector (through AV receiver) then turn everything off, then run LE (still through my AV receiver) on my 1080 LCD TV, then LE automatically swhich the resolution from 1080p 24p, to 480p 59.95 p.

_ When displaying LE on my 1080p videoprojector, randomly, the image doesn't take the whole screen.

Attached a log file.

Thanks
    Regs
    Guillaume

• As things stand today Xorg starts and creates a modepool based on the EDID presentation from the TV and this is fed to Kodi which builds its internal reference of modes ONCE at startup. Then you switch the device in the AVR to the projector which will result in a different presentation to Xorg which probably adjusts to the changes (maybe) but Kodi will not see this unless you stop/restart the Kodi service.

In some cases the switching it might work because the modes supported by TV/projector are similar enough you get away with it. In other cases there's a mismatch and you see odd things. At the end of the day the LE/Xorg/Kodi combination is intended to be used with a single HDMI source that doesn't change after startup so deviating from that will give mixed results. I suspect you'll be better off fixing the NUC to use hardcoded EDID from the AVR so Xorg/Kodi is not trying to handle changes, then letting the AVR handling further conversions.

NB: I have memory of an issue with EDID and some Pioneer AVRs going back a couple of years (Google for OE "Pioneer Edition" builds) but I forget the details and have no idea if that's at all relevant/related to your issues.

• Humm looks like I'm a very lucky guy.

It appears that the best combo to have this issue would be intel graphic cards + Pioneer AV amp, which is exactly what I got.
    I changed my AV amp a while ago from Denon (with which I never had any issue like this one) to Pioneer, and as I also switched from OE to LE at the same period...

It appears that a bios update on the NUC can fix it , so I will update mine with the latest version, keep you posted.

I also noticed that video conversion was turned on for the LCD TV output, and turned off pour the projector.
    I turned every thing off for the moment, and will advice later whether it's relevant or not to turn it on.

Thanks.

• Hi ,

I'm getting back to this issue, I got no positive resolution with.

I noticed that there has been an update on the intel HD graphic 4000 that was released a few months ago, and wanted to apply it to my system.

The issue being that I have Libreelec as the only system on this computer.

How can update my graphic card ?

I don't want to, you know, unistall it, install a windows, and then get back to Libreelec just for that, I don't even have a windows license to do it, so ...

I tried to update it via the bios, but no solution on this side.

Is it possible via libreelec (an addon maybe ...)?

Thanks for your advice.

Gui