.lircrc not working -- are there alternatives?

• Hello,

I am coming closer to a nice remote control setup, but one thing i missing right now.
    Under OE5, I was used to toggle my boblight-x11 binary on/off with the tiny python script. This one was launched by an entry in the .lircrc file, and the LEDs switched on/off upon a button click on the remote.

It seems that there is no .lircrc file, and creating it both in ~/ and in ~/.config did not help either.
    Can somebody please tell me how to launch a script upon button click on my remote contol?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Marcus

• I have this file in /storage/.config/ and also start irexec in autostart.sh:

Code
    /usr/bin/irexec -d /storage/.config/.lircrc &

Seems to be working.

Wow, thank you. I missed to start the irexec file, I thought that this was built into lirc directly instead of an separate executable.
    Now it works for me as well. Thank you.

• Hi,

You can start irexec via systemd which provides the ability to automatically restart it if it crashes.

/storage/.config/system.d/irexec.service

• Hi,

You can start irexec via systemd which provides the ability to automatically restart it if it crashes.

/storage/.config/system.d/irexec.service

I've been using an autostart.sh file to start irexec for a while - I'd like to use systemd, but when I stick irexec.service in there it just doesn't start. If I run 'systemctl start irexec.service' in putty it starts up.
    Any ideas for how to troubleshoot that?

My autostart.sh and irexec.service are both identical to the ones in this thread.