Posts by mzurhorst

Hello pajtaz,

sorry for the delay, I was travelling recently.
    Yes, it seems to be fixed now. There were no checkboxes missing, but I saw that I had to select the profiles for recording and playback in the user settings.
    The .mkv format allows for scrolling in the recording. This is also great.

So, the next stop on my journey will be a slim channel setup. I found 1200+ stations on Astra 19.2E, but I guess I would need maybe 20-30 only.
    It seems a bit painful to sort this compared to the VDR channel.conf file.

Once more, thank you for your patient support!

Regards,
    Marcus

Hi Nicolas,

the error was sitting in front of the computer.
    Right now, I am still working a lot with the TVH web interface for the basic setup. Not so much from the Kodi GUI.
    I assumed that the Kodi addon would also recognize that I plan recordings directly from the web interface. This was not the case.

I will probably switch to another shutdown script and embed this as system.d service because I do not want to be limited to Kodi only.
    I like to browse the EPG data from my Android app and define a recording from there. For these ones, the wakeup needs to be set as well.

A sample recording from Kodi is indeed waking up the computer on time!
    Thanks for the help.

Regards,
    Marcus

Hello Nicolas,
    I was just about to answer in your thread, but did not want to scatter the problem.
    It is strange. It is not fixed for me in 8.0.1. Have a look:

However, the issue is less with the setwakeup.sh script, but more with the "date ..." construct which calculates the time into unix epoch.
    This is broken on my machine.

I am right now doing this test: date +%s
    This returns the seconds. Then I manually add 300 to this number and echo this into the wakealarm file.
    This is indeed setting the time properly, and the box wakes up. :D
    I am also toggele the alarm interupt on/off when I alternately echo the seconds and 0 into the wakealarm.

Only don't ask me why it did not work previously when I opened the thread. I assume I have had a typo in my manual calculation and missed a digit.
    Every timepoint in the past is not set, which makes sense. Still need to verify this further.

Regards,
    Marcus

Hello,

I am trying to get wakeup of my HTPC set up. Following the exessive guidline from the MythTV wiki, I am already stuck at the first stages.
    It seems that I cannot write to the SysFS file properly, but it does also not yield an error.

Whatever I want to echo into the wakealarm file, I only see that it updates the alarm_time with a short offset from now:

The alarm_IRQ is not set, which means the box won't wake up.
    Regardless of which epoch time I echo into the wakealarm file, it is always the same result. I only have a few minutes offset from the rtc_time and no IRQ.

What would be my next step to investigate?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Marcus

Hello jajtaz, helllo all,

thanks for your help.
    I have indeed still these issues. (mostly because I did not use the box a lot recently)

But I made some progress. Recent status is:
    1) TVheadend itself seems to work. I am accessing it with an Android client and I can create timers etc.
    2) A recording is also streamed to my cell phone, but I cannot scroll forward in the stream.
    I was reading that switching from .ts (=pass) format to .mkv file format might solve this issue. The next recording is scheduled to verify.
    3) Playback of live tv or recordings is not possible in Firefox. I still have the above issue with the login loop.
    4) Regarding the "super admin" that you mentioned, I am not aware that some exists. I was also not reading about this somewhere.
    By default, TVH does not have any user defined. Which means, everybody has access to everything. What I have not tried yet is not defining users and check whether this solves the access topic.
    5) All the check boxes for the admin are enabled. I am pretty sure this is correct. But I can x-check when you provide a screenshot.

Is the playback from the TVH webinterface working for all of you?

Thank you.
    Kind regards,
    Marcus

I made some progress: the recording button from within TVheadend is now availabe.
    This seems to be related to settings in the user access tab. I enabled all checkboxes for DVR profiles, streaming profiles the DVR views, and this brought the desired recording button.

Still, I cannot play live-tv or a recording from within the TVH backend.

Is there noone with similar issues? - I don't get TVheadend working.

I am wondering why I don't have a button in the EPG to schedule a recording of TV show. Shoulnd't that be possible from the TVH backend?
    --- I have manually created the directory /storage/recordings. Which permissions do I have to assign to make this working for TVH?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Marcus

Kind of amazing, but I now have a live-tv stream available in Kodi after 1-2 reboots.
    Don't know why this is happening now.
    Inside the TVH web-frontend, I still have these login loops and do not access to a live-tv image.

But now I am directly wondering about the next issue. I go to the EPG in Kodi and select a stream.
    I expected to have a "recording" button from there, but I don't see any. Wasn't it there before?
    Even inside the TVH webfrontend, it is non-obvious how to plan a recording from the EPG page.

What the f*ck is going on. This was all working intuitively before.
    It feels absolutely complex. ??

Hello all,

I replaced my Digital Devices S2 v7 card with a TT budget S2-4200 PCIe card, which is supported out of the box with the latest kernels.
    The hardware is recognized upon boot and firmware is loaded accordingly. So far so good.

But now I am faced with massive access issues for plain TVHeadend. I was previously using TVH4.0 and do not remember that access was an issue. But I did not 2 fatory resets this morning just to make sure I am not doing something wrong here.

What I did:
    1) factory reset, followed by the LE wizzard and some very basic intial settings in Kodi (language, timezone etc)
    3) install the TVheadend service
    4) connect to the TVH web interface and follow the next wizzard
    6) Network access: 192.168.178.0/24, 127.0.0.1/32 (local network plus localhost to access from Kodi)
    5) Here, I create 2 users (tvhadmin and tvhuser) with very simple passwords
    6) Click on save, and I have to enter login credentials (tvhadmin, because I like to finish settings)
        Issue 1: I enter the login info, and I end in a loop where I have to enter the login data again and again.
    7) After several trials, I somehow make it into the TVH backend again. I cannot recognize a pattern. It is annoying.
    8) I have to restart the wizzard again and finish it successfully. (channel scan etc)
    9) When I now go to the EPG and click onto the "play" icon, a popup window opens and I am asked for login data again.
        Issue 2: I can enter any of the two logins above, I am trapped in an endless loop. I have not managed to see a live-tv picture.

The third issue was the missing localhost access inside Kodi, but this one is solved now.

How can I find out what is going wrong? -- Are there futher configuration steps required that I have to take?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Marcus

[hr]
    Issue 4: When I try to log-off from the web interface, I end in the same loop and have to enter the password infinitely. :huh:

Hello,

I haven't used my LE box for a while. The last time I remember was in November when version 7.80.008 was installed.
    Everything worked fine, including IR.

My did not really recognize which of the intermediate updates (.009, .010) or the current 7.95.1 ultimately broke the configuration, but it is definetely not working anymore.
    The box was running in unattended mode for TVHeadend recordings all the time, which is why I did not realize that something was broken until now.

Was there recently any change to the IR system that requires configuration changes?
    --- I scanned the GIT commits. There were quite a few regarding lirc, but I did not identify any commit with a discussion about potential config breaks etc.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Marcus

Happy new year to everybody!

I am wondering about the setup of the LibreELEC settings dialogue.
    1) there is a Bluetooth category, but on one of the other tabs, there is also bluetooth mentioned
    2) I guess a couple of computers do not have hardware for bluetooth integrated or a BT dongle attached.
    IMO, it would be nice to have the BT category either greyed-out or even removed at all when there is no BT hardware in place.

Kind regards,
    Marcus

Hello,

I am coming closer to a nice remote control setup, but one thing i missing right now.
    Under OE5, I was used to toggle my boblight-x11 binary on/off with the tiny python script. This one was launched by an entry in the .lircrc file, and the LEDs switched on/off upon a button click on the remote.

It seems that there is no .lircrc file, and creating it both in ~/ and in ~/.config did not help either.
    Can somebody please tell me how to launch a script upon button click on my remote contol?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Marcus

Hello Irusak,

when I do it as you describe, the remote control is not working at all.
    I rebooted and checked that the lircd-Service is not running. But IR is not running.

Funnily, I deleted the custom udevd file and rebooted a 2nd time.
    Now the remote is working without any system modification.

What could be the reason for this surprise?

Thanks,
    Marcus