Flashing MX10

• I hope that somebody here has some experience with the MX10.

This is what I've done so far:

Connect USB cable to furthest USB port on the MX10 and a PC with a Linux OS (Debian Buster with kernel 4.19.0-6-amd64).

Shortcut pins with tweezers until light goes out. I had to hold it a few seconds after which it stayed red.

In terminal, check if the MX10 is in rom mode:

According the the line “Couldn't open device, some information will be missing” no device was created. Indeed, lsblk does not show a new device.

This is where I am stranded.

Does anyone have any ideas how to proceed?

forum.libreelec.tv/core/attachment/5666/

Edited 2 times, last by abalfoort (October 31, 2019 at 11:33 AM).

• Nobody on staff is interested in supported emmc installs on box devices; primarily because it's a pain in the arse to guide users through the install process, and then because history has proven that subset of boxes and users to be a time consuming pain in the arse to support.

You have a working SD card install. That sounds like a good direction.

• Installation in eMMC works well for all rk33xx TV boxes. To do this, the system has special menu items in the settings (menu eMMC). I pay attention, before installation in eMMC it is necessary to make a full backup of eMMC (for this purpose there are also special items in the menu). The process of creating a copy can take up to 20-30 minutes (depending on the speed of the eMMC and the media from which the LE starts). After the backup and installation is complete, the system itself shuts down.

Libreelec for rk3328 - FreakTab