Install to internal on S905X2 manually?

• I've tried following the old installtointernal script to try to install it to the NAND (at least the data) for a S905X2 box (Mecool KM9), but I couldn't find /dev/system for eg. and some other partitions.

Can someone tell me or point me in the right direction on to install it to the NAND at the least the system, the boot could be just from the USB or MicroSD.

• S905X2 needs a newer kernel than the S905X and "internal" install is not supported (old kernel scripts will not work on a mainline kernel). There is no plan to support this in the future either. Use an SD card or USB.

I'm not able to see the standard partitions of Android, do you know if is that due to the kernel? I would be happy using the android partition, USB doesn't provide me a snappy experience (I should probably by a better USB pen), but If I could use it just for boot I would be happy.

I understand there won't be a script in the future but I don't mind doing it manually if someone point me in the right direction, I'm able to restore the box if I brick it, through USB Amlogic burning tool.

• Mainline Linux kernels have zero support for Amlogic's proprietary 'Android' partitioning scheme (and there's no plan to change that). If you use a decent SD card or USB the speed difference against internal eMMC storage is negligible. If you use some cheap old device, for sure it will be less snappy.