Shared library confusions

• I am setting up a MariaDB server as a shared library for my LibreELEC boxes.

All boxes (currently 2 RPi's) are on exactly the same LibreELEC version.

I setup the first box to use the shared library and added each media source, as well as, setup the scrappers for each media source (the "This directory contains" setting).

I setup the second box to use the shared library and made sure to add the same media sources, but the scrapper settings are set to none (the "This directory contains" setting).

Does the scrapper settings (the "This directory contains" setting) not get shared between boxes?

Should I only have one box setup to do metadata scrapping?

I understand from reading some of the kodi.wiki site that the shared library contains the watch status/progress and media metadata.

I did dig through the MariaDB database labelled "MyVideos116" and found in the "path" table there is fields labeled "strContent" and "strScraper".

These fields contain the content type I set on the first LibreELEC box and the scraper I set to collect/set media metadata.

I am confused as to why this data/setting are in the shared library, but do not propagate to other LibreELEC boxes.

Thanks in advance for help understanding this confusion.

• but the scrapper settings are set to none (the "This directory contains" setting).

First, it's "scraper", not "scrapper". :)

Secondly, the content settings are ultimately stored in the video database itself, thus when connecting it with the next Kodi device, these settings should be picked up. Just also make sure that the sources.xml file with the same/correct source settings is copied to that next Kodi device.

Other than that, we can only guess to the reason what's going wrong. So provide your debug-enabled kodi.log file, so we can have a glance at what is happening 'under water'.

• Thumbs on the other hand are stored/cached locally on each client.

Yes unfortunately, I do wish there was a way to share this as well. :-\

Yes, these are the directions I used to setup.

Secondly, the content settings are ultimately stored in the video database itself, thus when connecting it with the next Kodi device, these settings should be picked up. Just also make sure that the sources.xml file with the same/correct source settings is copied to that next Kodi device.

Yes, the sources.xml and the advancedsettings.xml files match.

Other than that, we can only guess to the reason what's going wrong. So provide your debug-enabled kodi.log file, so we can have a glance at what is happening 'under water'.

If Jocke.Sve is correct and this is expected behaviour, should I continue troubleshooting?

Edited once, last by FesterJester (October 29, 2019 at 12:55 PM).

• If it makes your confusion go away, then the 'problem' has been solved.

It does not make the confusion go away. :|

It seems I may have solved my confusion, on my own, without realizing it.

Turns out, I had the wrong scraper installed on the second box.

Installing the same scraper on both solved this problem and the weird problem with album art not showing up most of the time.

Guess I can mark this thread solved now. 8)^^