Posts by FesterJester

Try replace your MariaDB with EmbyMedia

Emby - The open media solution

My server does not really have the hardware to handle de/re-encoding my media. (Least I don't think it does)

(Intel Atom N550 with 2GB ram currently running Debian 9 serving MariaDB and NFS)

Besides, I don't really need the extra features that Emby provides.

If I could find something like Emby that did just media management and LibreELEC/Kodi could tie into it, I would likely jump on it.

If it makes your confusion go away, then the 'problem' has been solved.

It does not make the confusion go away. :|

It seems I may have solved my confusion, on my own, without realizing it.

Turns out, I had the wrong scraper installed on the second box.

Installing the same scraper on both solved this problem and the weird problem with album art not showing up most of the time.

Guess I can mark this thread solved now. 8)^^

Thumbs on the other hand are stored/cached locally on each client.

Yes unfortunately, I do wish there was a way to share this as well. :-\

Yes, these are the directions I used to setup.

Secondly, the content settings are ultimately stored in the video database itself, thus when connecting it with the next Kodi device, these settings should be picked up. Just also make sure that the sources.xml file with the same/correct source settings is copied to that next Kodi device.

Yes, the sources.xml and the advancedsettings.xml files match.

Other than that, we can only guess to the reason what's going wrong. So provide your debug-enabled kodi.log file, so we can have a glance at what is happening 'under water'.

If Jocke.Sve is correct and this is expected behaviour, should I continue troubleshooting?

I am setting up a MariaDB server as a shared library for my LibreELEC boxes.

All boxes (currently 2 RPi's) are on exactly the same LibreELEC version.

I setup the first box to use the shared library and added each media source, as well as, setup the scrappers for each media source (the "This directory contains" setting).

I setup the second box to use the shared library and made sure to add the same media sources, but the scrapper settings are set to none (the "This directory contains" setting).

Does the scrapper settings (the "This directory contains" setting) not get shared between boxes?

Should I only have one box setup to do metadata scrapping?

I understand from reading some of the kodi.wiki site that the shared library contains the watch status/progress and media metadata.

I did dig through the MariaDB database labelled "MyVideos116" and found in the "path" table there is fields labeled "strContent" and "strScraper".

These fields contain the content type I set on the first LibreELEC box and the scraper I set to collect/set media metadata.

I am confused as to why this data/setting are in the shared library, but do not propagate to other LibreELEC boxes.

Thanks in advance for help understanding this confusion.

So, after setting up a second LibreELEC box with the same OS version and access to the MariaDB shared library database, I have found a few interesting things.

1. The shared library appears to have the watch status/progress as well as the plot info and other minor media info.

2. The "This directory contains" setting does not propagate to the second LibreELEC box.

I did dig through the MariaDB database "MyVideos116" and found in the "path" table there is fields labeled "strContent" and "strScraper".

These fields contain the content type I set on the first LibreELEC box and the scraper I set to collect/set media data.

I am confused as to why this data/setting are in the shared library, but do not propagate to other LibreELEC boxes.

Should I only have one box with the "This directory contains" set?

Thanks in advance for help understanding this confusion.

I am in the process of migrating and sorting my media library.

As such, I have been making somewhat frequent source changes, but once I have finished, I may not be changing sources often. :)

Yes, I have found that a reboot is needed to refresh the changes made to most of the xml files.

This is fine and I have no problems there.

To make sure we are talking about the same setting.

I am referring to the "This directory contains" setting when you edit a source inside the GUI.

As I have opened every file I can find (at least in the userdata directory), this must be stored inside the shared library database?

I am going to set a second LibreELEC box to use the shared library database and see if this setting migrates over.

So, I have figured out how to use the sources.xml file to add media sources to Kodi.

I would like, however, to find a way to set the content of the sources added without manually making the change through the GUI.

I have several LibreELEC boxes and am trying to simplify some setup/future changes. :)

Current setup is as follows:

Media files are shared via NFS from a server

MariaDB server located on a central server (for shared library database)

LibreELEC boxes connected to TV's

Using advancedsettings.xml, each box uses file substitution to load the sources.xml and mediasources.xml. (Currently working, but can change)

Thanks in advance,

FJ

I am attempting to setup a shared library system.

I currently have:

1 Cubox-i4pro running LibreELEC 8.2.5

1 Raspberry Pi 3b running 9.0.2

1 Debian server with NFS shares and MariaDB

I setup the Cubox to use MariaDB as the library database.

Everything goes well and a database named kodi-video107 is created.

I setup the RPI to use MariaDB as the library database next.

However, where I expected the kodi-video107 database to be used, a new database named kodi-video110 is created.

Marking something as watched in one does not mark it watched in the other.

What have I missed?

These are the directions I have been using as reference.

https://kodi.wiki/view/mysql/setting_up_kodi

Ouch... :) Not the very latest of graphics processors, but it should still work.

Very true, but really, how much has changed in 1080p playback since then? :/

My current setup is the system above and a gigabit ethernet connection to a Samba share on a Netgear ReadyNAS 1100.

Was only a 720p machine until I upgraded my TV to 1080p almost 2 years ago.

Been working flawless (so long as I remember to power on the NAS before I try to play something ^^) for several years now.

I have a mini iTX system that has been running an old OpenElec 5.0.8 version flawlessly for some time now.

I would love to run the newest LibreELEC version, but would like to know if there is hardware support in the kernel and such.

The system I have has:

Core2Duo P8700

4GB ram

GMA X4500M HD video

Built-in H.264 decoder

SATA storage

I do not have high requirements, basically 1080p@60Hz video playback with stereo audio.

Thanks in advance,

FJ

Sorry for the long delay everyone.

I had to work some crazy hours so I could attend Ohio Linux Fest.

I will power up and dump the requested logs as soon as I can.

DaVu

Is there a way to determine if hardware decoding is functioning under Linux?

chewitt

Would it be possible for me to replace the current Intel driver with the last Intel driver I found that worked?

I was a great follower of Openelec until recently.

I updated my Openelec to a newer version and started having screen tearing problems.

Unfortunately, no one in the forums or in the IRC chat would reply to my plea for help.

So, after a few months of troubleshooting and asking for help (with no response) I have decided to stop using Openelec.

Libreelec looks very promising and I hope it works just as good as Openelec and I hope the community is willing to help solve (or try anyway) my problems (if any).

I have started by downloading and installing Libreelec 8.1.1 using the USB creation tool.

It installed without any problems and booted right up.

Here starts the problems.

The screen resolution settings max out at 1280x1024 and is stuck at 4:3 ratio resolutions.

I have about 6" of black bar on the right side of the screen.

If I go into the settings and change the output from default to lvd-1 I get the same results (must be the default to start with).

If I go into the settings and change the output from default to HDMI-2 I get a black screen from which I have no return.

Only options are to ssh in and reboot or forcefully power down the machine and power it back on.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Any log files I can dig into or provide?

My hardware:
    AOpen i45GMt-HD with Hardware H.264 decoder
    Intel P8700 Core2Duo
    2GB Ram
    1TB 7200RPM WD Black
    Full HD 1080i 42" HiSense TV hooked up via HDMI