Reset Kodi via SSH?

• Hi,

I'm trying to recover from a NAS hardware failure and to make things a little harder I'm doing this remotely via ssh.

All my old media is gone so I'm basically starting from scratch.

I've deployed a new SMB share from another RPi.

I use MySQL, also on this RPi, as a central DB for multiple Kodi clients.

On Libreelec, running on a RPi model 3 b, I've updated the advancedSettings.xml and the sources.xml.

I've tweaked guisettings.xml to enable the update on startup setting for videos and music.

However when I reboot the device and check the log file http://ix.io/1ywi

I see that there are errors similar to this

Code
    2019-10-17 11:41:11.492 T:1936797216   ERROR: Create - Error creating smb://THEBOX/Storage/Playlists/

This path is pointing to the old nas which is no longer available but I can't for the life of me find where this path is set. It's not in my advancedsetting.xml file.

At the end of the log it mentions "special" directory which I believe is a dymanic directory pointing mechanism.

Code
    ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting special://videoplaylists/

Any pointers would be much appreciated?

If there is a more straight forward way of dumping the old library and scanning and importing a new one I'd love to here about that too.

Thanks for your help!

• If there is a more straight forward way of dumping the old library and scanning and importing a new one I'd love to here about that too.

The simplest trick is to 'drop' or rename the current video database in MySQL, and restart Kodi to create a fresh video database. Then you'll need to pick the content setting again for your video source(s), and you can start rescraping your video collection.

If your source paths have changed too, deleting the Texture13.db file as well as the Thumbnails cache folder is recommended.

• Thanks,

Just to report back and close this issue.

Dropping DBs, updating sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml did initiate a new databases to be imported into the mysql server.

However I was still seeing the error related to the Playlists path still pointing to a location on the old NAS.

I found a setting in GuiSettings.xml that contained the incorrect path which I reverted to the devault value as below

<playlistspath>special://profile/playlists/</playlistspath>

However to reboot it reverted to the old NAS path again.

Took the nuclear option over the weekend and flashed a fresh image of Libreelec on the SD-card.

Pity, I couldn't find where this value was coming from :(

I appreciate the tip which helped the troubleshooting process!