Fresh install raspberry pi 4 5ghz wifi not working

• As @Da Flex mentioned. I don't think it's a S/W issue as I have had no issues connecting 2.4 nor 5GHz (Mind you my RPi is ~2M from my router)

As an addition. Try moving your RPi closer to the router. Also, don't use any cases - especially aluminium heatsink cases that cover the whole RPi as this will definitely interfere with the reception of the internal wifi chip.

For the *best* reception, it's better to use an external antenna rather than the internal one - actually it's better not to use the internal wifi at all with LE unless you have a really good reception.

this does solve the issue...

• this does solve the issue...

How do you figure? My RPi can connect to my 5 ghz wifi while in the case on Raspbian. But just to be sure, I removed it from the case and it still was not able to find my 5ghz wifi while running LibreElec. I was able to find it no problem while in the case on Raspbian. And since I'm not the only one seeing this, I suspect that there is some issue going on more than just user error.

I also just tried with the latest 9.2.0 that was just released and that did not work either.

And as far as smooth playback, I've moderately overclocked in Raspbian and adjusted the memory split and that should solve any problem with playback you should have. There's a great article on the raspberry pi forum that details the changes necessary for Raspbian.

• Same thing here. Raspbian - 5GHz connection with signal strenght at 90%, LibreElec - does not see the 5GHz SSID.

The board is on the table, at 6m distance from the router.

• For kicks .. force the wireless regulatory domain to the same as the router as "5GHz" is only one of 20+ radio properties, e.g.

Code
     echo "options cfg80211 ieee80211_regdom=US" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/cfg80211.conf

and reboot to effect the change

This worked for me. Just pay attention to the quote " not ”

• Well I have a strange issue here with my rpi 4 4Gb

Tested both with case and without case (barebone)

When I first start my RPI (After fresh install as well as normal reboot), it does not see my 5GHz connection (rather it doesnt identify any 5GHz connection). It finds all 2.4 Ghz connections fine. After I connect rpi to 2.4 Ghz connection and do a refresh in "Connections" tab. It identifies my 5 Ghz connection(and others as well) fine, and there is no issue connecting to it as well.

Well I have been using my rpi this way, but it is kind of frustrating.

I have done multiple resets, changed sd card and did a clean installations as well. But the issue stays the same.

• For kicks .. force the wireless regulatory domain to the same as the router as "5GHz" is only one of 20+ radio properties, e.g.

Code
     echo "options cfg80211 ieee80211_regdom=US” > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/cfg80211.conf

It worked for me as well. I guess that default region is not US and in this region 5GHz is restricted.

• Finally got around to trying this again and this fix worked for me too. But I am wondering why this can't be wrapped into the setup script at the beginning when you pick your network. It would make things a lot easier.

• It has been merged into the settings add-on for LE10 .. it didn't make it to the setup wizard and probably won't as the total number of users who need to use it appears to be small, albeit we're seeing larger numbers of Q's since RPi4 launched.

Code
     echo "options cfg80211 ieee80211_regdom=US” > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/cfg80211.conf

I know this has been a while, but my 5GHz connection was unstable and I realized it was a 40MHz channel width connection. With this change the channel with became 80MHz, and the connection was quicker and more stable. Thanks !!