Posts by ryan780

this does solve the issue...

How do you figure? My RPi can connect to my 5 ghz wifi while in the case on Raspbian. But just to be sure, I removed it from the case and it still was not able to find my 5ghz wifi while running LibreElec. I was able to find it no problem while in the case on Raspbian. And since I'm not the only one seeing this, I suspect that there is some issue going on more than just user error.

I also just tried with the latest 9.2.0 that was just released and that did not work either.

And as far as smooth playback, I've moderately overclocked in Raspbian and adjusted the memory split and that should solve any problem with playback you should have. There's a great article on the raspberry pi forum that details the changes necessary for Raspbian.

I got the 18.5 installed via Raspbian, and I'm able to access my 5ghz there. So I'm all set at this point.

But just FYI...how can I do that if i can't SSH into my RPi? I can't get command line from within LibreElec, as far as I'm aware. Maybe when I have some free time I'll try re-flashing my SD and trying LibreElec again. something might have gotten screwed up when I first booted.

It could be an energy management problem, which differs LE and Raspbian.

See my post above to understand the relation between energy and 5GHz.

When I'm right, then the log file will look fine, because it will not show shortage of energy for 5GHz.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. How would I fix this? I didn't enable any energy saving settings in LibreElec. And if others did not either, then why would I not be able to connect to 5gHz? And how does the absence of something in a log prove that this is the problem? As i said, I cannot pull a log file since I cannot keep the SSH server running either. Every time I back out of that window, it turns itself back off.

I'm having the same problem. The strange part is that I can access my 5ghz fine when I load Raspbian instead of Libreelec. So, I do believe this is a software issue and not a hardware issue. I have different SSIDs for my 5ghz and 2.4 ghz networks and I am only able to see my 2.4 ghz SSID. Also, I can't see any of my neighbor's 5 ghz networks either (there is one other that I usually see on my phone).

FYI: I found this on the RPi forum. Evidently there's a RPi4 version available for Raspbian. I have it installed and am getting great performance with my RPi4 2gig. So far, able to connect with 5ghz no problem. So, I maintain...it's a software problem.