Running 9.1.501-rock64

• Been running this release for the last week and for a non power user with a 1080 TV it's been

the best image i've used since testing began.

Very fast using SD Card boot.

One annoying issue is the refresh rate switching whilst GUI is set to 1080p 50Hz

My TV Headend Client content is 50Hz but there is a refresh rate switch happening for no reason.

Great work to all involved with this Rockchip device:thumbup:

• Have you tried setting the refresh rate switch form 'On start/stop' to 'On start' only in the Display Settings?

I just tried that.

What i couldn't work out was why this refresh rate switching was happening with all options including the OFF option.

I then navigated to Processing and changed Prime Render Method to EGL and that fixed the refresh rate switch issue

using 50Hz GUI to 50Hz content playback. No switching detected by my TV.

Of course the picture quality playback was sub standard compared to Direct To Plane.

See what happens next update.

• Use the resolution whitelist and select all 1080p modes except 25, 29, 30 Hz.

Video from some TV channels shows up as 25fps and after some seconds Kodi detect it is interlaced and 50hz and switches again.

If you start with 50 Hz (25 Not allowed) no unnessearry switching.

• having some buffering problems on some 2160p remuxes! freezing image, infinite buffering even if it reached 100%

this only happens on some movies, is there any rj45 limitation atm?

didn't try a samba server though currently i'm using nfs.

ps: the guardians of galaxy vol2 2160p is the only one (atleast on my library) who presents some incorrect color mapping (some weird horizontal bars)

Best regards and continue the good job.

Board: rock64 2gb.

edit: not a single problem at all on 1080p remuxes.

• If the data stream is not stable (for example, it happens in iptv, online movies), then often the image freezes (depending on the quality of the stream), the sound remains. It is solved by clicking on the stop and again on playback, so until the picture freezes again.

I tried the latest alpha and nightly builds, everywhere this problem is present. I think the problem is buffering.

Tested on z28

• Use the resolution whitelist and select all 1080p modes except 25, 29, 30 Hz.

No such resolutions available for whitelisting for my TV.

I must disclose that the momentary refresh switch happens when i stop playback of the TV stream back to skin UI.

If i switch to another TV channel whilst playing a channel it does not refresh switch.

I think there is a momentary loss of signal when opening a stream from the skin GUI rather than a refresh rate switch.

Thank you for your response.

• Setup the GUI Refresh Rate to 50 Hz in settings -> system -> display, so switching to TV does not change refresh rate.

Whitelist Looks fine to me.

Setup adjust display refresh rate to "On start" in settings -> player -> video, so stopping would not change back to the GUI refresh rate.

• Setup adjust display refresh rate to "On start" in settings -> player -> video, so stopping would not change back to the GUI refresh rate.

For the sake of testing i just tried this setting with the same momentary refresh rate or signal loss. No change.

I went back to my original settings. (I have no idea why the setting On Start even exists.)

http://ix.io/1kjp