9.1.002 on RPI 4B has pale colors

• Hi,

up till now I had libreelec (latest stable) running on an Intel NUC BOXNUC5CPYH with the i915 graphics driver.

Now I am trying the new RPI 4B. Everything works nicely but the colors are pale compared to the NUC. In the GUI, black is really black on the NUC but only a dark grey on the RPI 4B.

Same with all other colors, they look much more pale.

And the same problem for video output.

I connected both to the same TV ( LG 65SJ800V with 4K) but different HDMI ports. Switching back and forth, the difference is very visible.

Is there anything I can configure in the RPI 4B? Or - which parts of the debug log should I compare between both and post?

Otherwise, video playback at 1080 is more stable than on the NUC. With 4K, the RPI stutters but as I understand the driver is still in development.

• Are you using a cheap HDMI cable or a cheap HDMI adapter? It doesn't sound like a SW issue but more a HW problem. Are you using HDMI 2 on the RPi4? If so - try HDMI 1 (The one nearest the power input)

• Sorry for not answering sooner.

HDMI 2 does not give me a picture at all, using HDMI 1.

I bought this: from Amazon.It is a bit cheap in that the contact into the Raspberry is a bit loose but it works fine. The original cable from a Gopro Hero 7 Black fits better but makes no difference. Anyway, how could a dumb passive cable change digitally encoded colors? I have no artifacts or intermittent effects.

Meanwhile I found that the option to limit color range to 16-235 was active. I am quite sure I never activated it - but I guess I did. After a fresh installation of Libreelec 9.1.002. Deactivating that option fixed it.