A movie called VIDEO gets created multiple times when I add movies with several DVD discs- how to avoid?

• I have some movies with two DVD discs, and these DVDs exist as all the VTS/vob dvd files in folders.

Often when I add them, the media-scraper adds a MOVIE called VIDEO based on this. I end up with multiple copies of this movie called 'VIDEO' in my library.

How can I name movies with two DVD discs without this happening?

So far I've tried (let's say we use The Matrix as an example - I will only mention one disc though):

The Matrix/The Matrix CD1/VIDEO_TS (I thought putting the VTS/vob files into a folder might help, because it was causing problems BEFORE that)
    OR
    The Matrix/CD1/VIDEO_TS
    OR
    The Matrix/CD1/...all the VTS/vob files sitting there without being in a folder

Every time it ALSO adds this movie called VIDEO

How can I name it to prevent this. The Kodi website said 'CD1' would be fine, but it's not working.

• awiouy

Approved the thread.
  • For dvd's you can create an image of the complete disk, using makemkv, that will give you the extras

If you don't want extras, but just the main movie, I would use mkvtoolnix, you can then select the vob files to give you just the movie, as an mkv

mkvtoolnix can also join, both mkv's to one movie.

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Mecool M8S Pro L (Coreelec) Nvidia Shield (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro (Coreelec), Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Beelink MiniMKIII (CoreELEC)

Synology DS414 Plex Pass

:)

• I def want the extras....especially any commentary.

I have been seeing this MakeMKV app mentioned.

So far I've been making folders with all the VTS files, and I feel comfortable with that.

But willing to change if there's a better way.

My only CLEAR concern is having to mount/unmount isos all the time...but maybe that's no biggy?

What are the pros (and cons) of creating an iso (using MakeMkv for eg) ?
    Is one of them that: I could reduce the space used up by (easily) de-selecting periprheral stuff like extra languages, with MakeMkv?

• I do not know the pros & cons. why don't you just create an iso & see if it works

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Mecool M8S Pro L (Coreelec) Nvidia Shield (Living Room)

Synology DS414 Plex Pass

• Why don't you just try it?

Synology DS414 Plex Pass