RPi 3B+ seriously malfunctioning

• Hi,

My RPi 3b+ began to seriously malfunction.

I'm running the latest LibreELEC alpha version, but the problems began before that.

The RPi connects to my home wireless network using a simple USB Wi-Fi dongle, and streams videos form my Windows 10 PC using SMB.

The problems are as follows:

1. Frequently the RPi will stay offline (will connect to my WLAN) upon starting it up. I have to turn it off and on again for it to connect. Sometimes I have to repeat this procedure two or three times. I have no issue with my home WLAN with any other devices.

2. Many videos will get Kodi stuck or complain about "too slow source".

3. The remote application I use (yatse) seems to be less responsive - it sometime takes a while for commands to execute etc.

4. I thought it was a Wi-Fi issue, so I tried removing the external dongle and use the RPi internal one. That did not seem to solve the issues. Also tried playing videos from a USB thumb drive instead of the SMB share. This was also not consistent. The same video would sometimes play correctly and sometimes stutter and buffer for a long time.

kodi.log

Thanks!

• Please create an individual thread for each issue.

A bla bla bla thread is not going to get any response.

Always:

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • I'm using an RPi 3B+, too. Yesterday I went back to LE version 9.0.2, because the system went into safe mode a couple of times with LE 9.1.002.

I suggest to use the stable version 9.0.2. If you still get issues, post the log as mentioned by Iridium. Your current link doesn't works.