No video after the splash screen/bootloop with RPi3B and LibreELEC 9.1.002 when using composite output instead of HDMI

• Hello,

LibreELEC 9.1.002 introduced a bug (all previous versions inclusive 9.1.001 are workfing fine) with RPi3B: it causes a bootloop right after the splash screen ("LibreELEC Just enough OS for KODI") has shown up when using composite output instead of HDMI!

As long as HDMI is connected, "KODI" is starting without any problems, but when I try to use the composite output alone, the problems mentioned before occur. I've also tried it with several modifications of the config.txt like "sdtv_mode=2 # PAL" and/or "hdmi_ignore_hotplug=1", but that makes no difference...

I've attached log files and would appreciate if someone could have a look at it to find a bugfix - thank you in advance!

• Probably the same to what happened to me but I got nothing attached as monitor...just a headless pi as server...works only with hdmi..

So probably if you remove the composite output you will have the same issue as when it is attached.

• LibreELEC 9.1.501 has been released yesterday, but the problem with the composite output is still there! It is offered and installed automatically when the options are checked in the LibreELEC configuration section, and after the reboot, users going this way will see nothing else than a black screen...

Is anybody looking into this?

Edited once, last by Mister Floppy (September 12, 2019 at 12:38 PM).

• Thanks for your suggestion, but regarding that "hdmi_force_hotplug=1" means "Force HDMI even if unplugged or powered off" , it's quite the opposite of what I want to do, namely the sole usage of composite out (without a HDMI cable connected) :)