How helpful will this be to getting LibreELEC on allwinner android boxes?

• H616 won't be supported by LE for a long time. Two main issues - no proper audio driver (very hacky hdmi audio driver exists, but I'm not willing to maintain used hacks) and bigger issue display driver is not good enough (it lacks support for YUV format and scaling, which is essential).

H6 is arguably better for LE:

- it has power management coprocessor, which can be programmed and supports many ways for powering up or resuming from sleep

- it has USB3

H616 has following advantages over H6:

- better GPU, but LE doesn't use it much aside for drawing GUI and some addons

- supports 4 GiB RAM max, while H6 only 3 GiB max. But that's not big deal either

• I bought a cheap Android TV Box on shopee and it comes with a boring android. Its a really cheap one.

MXQ Pro 5G bla bla bla

The board resumes to an H3 SOC, 8x 1gbit dram (making 1Gbyte total), a 8Gbyte flash NAND (i believe) and an SV6256P wifi adapter.

The board is quite similar to an Orange Pi Lite, but the WiFi ic is different, i believe it wont work. Its there a way to add a new wifi driver to an existing h3 distro ?

I really want to get rid of android.

• We don't add support wifi chips without mainline driver, even existing such out of tree are slowly removed. However, nothing prevents you to create your own custom image with such driver in it.

• I can do that if given directions..

You will fail in the task because the drivers for Silicon Village WiFi chipsets are designed for (at best) Linux 4.9 era Android kernels and will not compile against the modern-era kernels that LE10/11 use. The changes needed are not cosmetic nip/tuck .. it's more like a lung replacement (lots of crypto differences).