Raspberry Pi 4 with Kodi - No Video showing -

• Hi everyone

I am new to the Raspberry Pi 4 as of yesterday. Bought to replace my old Boxee Box as a media streamer for my movie collection.

Installed Kodi and Libreelec from here: Raspberry Pi 4 – LibreELEC

Managed to connect up, install and scan my NAS share. Cover art is all found fine and the library shows up as it should.

However, I get audio but no video playback (tried a number of different files) every time I play a movie. To me this seems codec related, but I do not know enough about Kodi/Libreelec settings yet to ensure I am doing the right thing. I am not at work and I was up late last night tinkering, but I did try going into Video Playback settings and turning off hardware decoding - this changed nothing. Above that an option was greyed out (I think it was software related) and I could not change it; I had seen some advice elsewhere which suggested this could be the cause of no video with sound only.

Do I need to enable something for the video to work? Or is it something else? Share type?

Very excited to be part of the community, and I wanted to say thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

Setup:
    Synology 710+ (video music etc)
    Raspberry Pi 4B with LibreElec and Kodi 18.3
    HDMI out to TV

Edited once, last by Noobian (August 14, 2019 at 4:40 PM).

• Is your hdmi cable connected to the right micro hdmi on the pi4? Use the one closest to the power connector on your pi4

I think this has been answered couple of times in the main pi4 thread.

• I'll check again tonight. However, I'm sure I did last night and there was nothing showing on the screen.

At the moment display is fine for menus, artwork etc. As soon as video plays I only get audio and no picture. I can use the in film playback controls but can't see any picture.

• Did you try the HDMI jack next to the power jack ?

So, this was the problem!!! Thank you Blueribb for your assistance.

All is well. The only thing I will do is buy a fan shim and drill some holes in the 'Desktop' kit I bought. Running a little hot with large video files. Maybe a different case would be better? Aluminium?