Raspberry 4 libreelec problems

• Hi

I installed libreelec on my pi4 but the hdmi cec isn't working and when I want to play a video there is only the sound and and a black display.

Can anyone help me?

• Regarding the black display have you tried both HDMI outputs on the RPi4? IIRC LibreELEC currently only supports video on the video output adjacent to the power port.

• I have experienced the same problem. I have ripped DVDs to DVD files and when I play under KODI, I get audio only, black screen. I have tried both HDMI ports, 2nd HDMI port did nothing. Not even audio. I have done a lot of research and can find nothing related to PI4 on LibreElec and not being able to play DVD files until this thread.

I debugged KODI, and I see the selection of the mpeg-2 video, but it's just not working. I play these same files on the PI 3B+, no problem.

• I found these settings on another post

RPi4 no video unless forced hdmi mode over SSH

Add the changes to config.txt. I'm not sure which setting made it work.

hdmi_mode=16

hdmi_group=CEA

hdmi_drive=2

I edited the config.txt on Windows, placed the chip back into the PI4 and rebooted. DVD Video works great now.

• I hope this is not to late for you but i think this is a problem from the pi 4 itself. I found out it works like charm, if i run it on 1080p but if i use it with my tv screen (4K) it stops working pretty quick. The pi is still accessable via ssh but no image. So i set it to 1080p via SSH and rebooted - viola - works!