Problems with SMB shares on clean install

• Hi Guys,

I'm trying to figure out how to maintain SMB connections to my Synology (via SMB) but troubleshooting is not working out.
    Hope somebody experiences the same and can help me out or is willing to dive into it with me..
    I am currently running libreelec and have added a SMB share which connects fine on first install.
    Then after a reboot is it unavailable. Sometimes (not always) when i change the workgroup name in WINS server to something not related to my network, it does work after I let it restart (you get that question). Other times it just doesn't.

I am upgrading from openelec where I did not have these problems so I figured to go for a fresh install of librelec (repartition/ really fresh install). Too bad the same thing happened. Going back to openelec I no longer experienced troubles. Of course I want to switch to libre but I am unable to solve the problems. There seems to be no other newwork troubles since youtube plugins and other streaming stuff keeps working fine.

I use the generic build (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.2) on my Asus Vivo mini pc (Intel HD graphics)
    I am connecting to a synology DSM using the latest SW version.

I have attached Dmesg, LSPCI and LSUSB output
    Hope somebody can help. Happy to provide more info.

• Hi @Irusak,

Thanks for the tip. That does the job (for now, still dont completly trust it).
    I´ll monitor it closely in the coming days to verifiy If this closes the case.
    If it fixes it I would say that the current setting of ´not waiting for network´ should not be default since you want Librelec to work for as many people possible. Not waiting for network should be an optimisation for those that want to tweak right? (just my 2cts)

gaelic, I just added my SMB drive via the filemanager.

• After several test runs I can confirm it solves the case.
    Thanks Irusak! You made my day.

@libreelecdevs: Would it be an idea to turn this on as standard? (this being: wait for network)