[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• can you Compile model ( stv0299.ko or mt312.ko + b2c2-flexcop.ko + b2c2-flexcop-usb.ko ) for kernel 3.10.99
    it not included in your build ...

Yes they are:

Code
    /lib/modules/3.10.99/updates/media-backports/drivers/media/dvb-frontends/stv0299.ko
    /lib/modules/3.10.99/updates/media-backports/drivers/media/dvb-frontends/mt312.ko
    /lib/modules/3.10.99/updates/media-backports/drivers/media/common/b2c2/b2c2-flexcop.ko
    /lib/modules/3.10.99/updates/media-backports/drivers/media/usb/b2c2/b2c2-flexcop-usb.ko

Edit: I have googled a bit and it seems like there is no Linux driver for this tuner for ARM devices. There is only a closed-source blob for i386 and x86_64 - Intel and AMD CPUs.

Edited once, last by kszaq (August 9, 2016 at 11:09 AM).

• i try it creat "autostart.sh" in /storage/.config :
    =======
    #! /bin/sh
    (sleep 10;
    rmmod dvb-usb-technisat-usb2
    modprobe dvb-usb-technisat-usb2) &
    =============

then reboot
    =========
    LibreELEC:~ # lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 058f:6366 Alcor Micro Corp. Multi Flash Reader
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 13d0:2282 Techsan Electronics Co., Ltd. TechniSat DVB-PC TV Star 2
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1a40:0101 Terminus Technology Inc. Hub
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    LibreELEC:~ # lsmod
    Module Size Used by
    dvb_usb_technisat_usb2 7808 0
    dvb_usb 14907 1 dvb_usb_technisat_usb2
    rc_core 14629 2 dvb_usb,dvb_usb_technisat_usb2
    dvb_core 75186 2 dvb_usb,dvb_usb_technisat_usb2
    compat 14446 3 rc_core,dvb_core,dvb_usb_technisat_usb2
    hci_uart 41133 1
    bluetooth 195102 2 hci_uart
    dhd 662196 0
    cfg80211 205546 1 dhd
    stmmac 66297 0
    ptp 6996 1 stmmac
    pps_core 5786 1 ptp
    wifi_dummy 745 0
    mali 156196 1
    fbcon 35121 0
    font 7003 1 fbcon
    bitblit 3823 1 fbcon
    softcursor 928 1 bitblit
    LibreELEC:~ # lsmod | grep -i dvb
    dvb_usb_technisat_usb2 7808 0
    dvb_usb 14907 1 dvb_usb_technisat_usb2
    rc_core 14629 2 dvb_usb,dvb_usb_technisat_usb2
    dvb_core 75186 2 dvb_usb,dvb_usb_technisat_usb2
    compat 14446 3 rc_core,dvb_core,dvb_usb_technisat_usb2
    LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | grep dvb
    [ 37.177106@2] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_technisat_usb2
    ==================
    then i need chmod 755 /lib/firmware/dvb-usb-SkyStar_USB_HD_FW_v17_63.HEX.fw
    but folder read only
    how i do 755 for /lib/firmware/ ?

Edit here skysar usb via build s805 Alex ...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by asmar (August 9, 2016 at 4:19 PM).

• Edit here skysar usb via build s805 Alex ...

I repeat: I was not able to find driver source for your device. Sources are available for other tuners named "Technisat Skystar" but not yours.

"AlexELEC" is a closed source build. If it works with your tuner, why don't you use it?

• i try it AlexELEC ... ssh close via password i dont know waht is ? & system more hange & No remote ... & No Wifi ... = not able to use

your build very stable

• Poida, there was a point to my lst post, but the post has been edited, so I can't see what I was replying to anymore. Never mind.
    Got My remote working, thanks to Bobones, see this post Sumvision Cyclone X4, You copy and paste into a file named remote.conf, save it then copy it to /storage/.config. the home button works as "info", as mentioned on the thread. This is the Sumvision cyclone x4 remote control.

Edited once, last by zimmort (August 11, 2016 at 12:07 PM).

• hi kszaq
    long time no talk
    been with the OE last release for along time (no issues at all !!!!)and now flashed LE 7.0.2.4 to see how things work.
    lan sometimes after reboot is disabled and i have to enter libreelec config to enable.
    movies/tv shows from addons work fine
    wifi works fine
    no skin issues
    DVB-T astrometa not detected in TVheadend (was detected in libreelec 7.0.2.2) was detected as Realtek RTL 2832
    is there a posibility to return the drivers to the dvb-t in the next build?
    thx.

• michaelchen and others with RTL2832 tuner: can you please try this build: 7.0.2.4-media-test

It has media-backports included but also drivers from stock kernel.

If it doesn't work, you can downgrade to 7.0.2.2 using tar file (no need to wipe data).

Also included in this build is a revert for a Kodi patch that may have been causing 10-sec delay when playing some videos.

• Where is the download page with Instructions on how to update from openlec?

Because the download page of the site doesn't explain which version is for s805 mk808+

• Where is the download page with Instructions on how to update from openlec?

Because the download page of the site doesn't explain which version is for s805 mk808+

You will find the S805 releases here:

LibreELEC

To upgrade, copy the tar file from the UPDATE download directory to your openelec samba share folder "update" and reboot.

• michaelchen and others with RTL2832 tuner: can you please try this build: 7.0.2.4-media-test

If it doesn't work, you can downgrade to 7.0.2.2 using tar file (no need to wipe data).

Also included in this build is a revert for a Kodi patch that may have been causing 10-sec delay when playing some videos

Unfortunetely it's still the same issue for me with this dev version.
    My DVB USB card is a RTL2832U + R820T Tuner.
    No tuner detected after the upgrade.
    No issue after downgrade to 7.0.2.2.

• I still have a wifi problem for MXQ_s805 v3_1 20151230. Tried all four files, only one worked with the remote, the m201d, but all four cannot detect my wifi, I believe the driver is SSV6051q.

Please kindly help.

• I still have a wifi problem for MXQ_s805 v3_1 20151230. Tried all four files, only one worked with the remote, the m201d, but all four cannot detect my wifi, I believe the driver is SSV6051q.

To my knowledge, SSV6051 wifi is not supported by the kernel used in kszaq's images. It is explicitly noted as unsupported in the S905 image (see LibreELEC) and I guess it's the same for the S805 image.

If you absolutely need wifi, you could consider to get a cheap supported USB wlan stick. This might even improve connection quality, as the built-in wifi of most boxes is quite bad.

• To my knowledge, SSV6051 wifi is not supported by the kernel used in kszaq's images. It is explicitly noted as unsupported in the S905 image (see LibreELEC) and I guess it's the same for the S805 image.

If you absolutely need wifi, you could consider to get a cheap supported USB wlan stick. This might even improve connection quality, as the built-in wifi of most boxes is quite bad.

Yes, I just finished reading the whole page, and I understand it now. Anyway, thanks for the firmware and the great support especially from kszaq.

Got it to run 1GB memory, with MXQ firmware and put the remote.conf. Everything works great except for the wifi thing.

Edited once, last by robbytarudji (August 13, 2016 at 12:51 PM).

Also included in this build is a revert for a Kodi patch that may have been causing 10-sec delay when playing some videos.

kszaq good morning sorry for the late response
    tested this dev and still no device detected on TVheadend (as mentiond erlier on 7.0.2.2 it work great)
    BTW, my mxq has no BT adaptor onboard and yesterday i tried to plug in a usb BT adaptor and went in to the settings and enabled bt BUT NO DICE!
    does it have a universal driver for BT or what?
    THX

• @michaelchen Thanks for report about your tuner. I will investigate this further. I don't want to revert including media-backports drivers so I will first try to fix the issue with these drivers still included. I will post new dev builds to test from time to time and I'll appreciate if you can report OK/NOK.

Some people have connected their BT dongles and they worked, I can't promise every dongle will work, they need to be supported in 3.10 Linux kernel. As with almost every other device, there is no universal driver.