[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Thanks kszaq for the reminder in your pm. Unless YOU tell me there are benefits in the s905 that will wow me, I'll be sticking with beelink S805.

The advantages of S905 over S805 are:

• 4K H.264 and HEVC decoding
    • 10-bit HEVC decoding
    • improved performance

Additionaly, with WeTek Hub you get full DRM support in Android, i.e. Netflix, Amazon Prime Video in full resolution.

If you don't need any of those, S805 is completely fine.

1. Each box will usually lockup a 3 or 4 times a week on me. I have to unplugg it and then press the power button to power it back on. I'm not sure if this is only happening with MXV or if it also happening with the MXQ with red stripe as well. Im guessing it probably just the MXV since its not really supported by you. I haven't grabbed a error log file from it afterwards but I will the next time it happens. Can I post it or send the log to you when it does?

A few things you can try doing to resolve this:

• use 7.0.1.4 and MXQ build (it is reported to work better with MXV)
    • if you're already on 7.0.1.4, try switching back to hotplug governor by putting echo "hotplug" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor in autostart.sh
    • if after a lockup you can still connect over Samba and/or SSH, this is a Kodi lockup and not system lockup. I would blame addons in this situaltion.

2. The remote arrow keys have a tendency to stop responding whenever you double click the up or down arrow key very quickly. I'm not sure if this is just becuase of the double click or a physical flaw the remote design itself and it acuatlly hits the mouse pointer button because of the board is bowing inside the remote case. However it may be a combination of both or could it be the remote config file causing the problem. The workaround for whenever the remote arrow keys stop responding is to just press the mouse pointer button once and the arrow keys will start working again. Does anyone else have this same issue with the MXV remote?

You can disable switching to "mouse pointer" mode by commenting line with fn_key_scancode in remote.conf - simply put # in front of the line.

3. The home button doesn't work. I tried using the Keymap editor addon to fix this issue but it will not fix the problem. So I am wondering if I can manually edit the remot.config file to fix this issue? If so do you have a link on configuring and editing the remote config files? Or does someone already have a remote config file for the MXV that has the Home button working?

To resolve this you should replace keycode for Menu button in your remote.conf (look at kmsg to tell which one) or wait for a next build where I'll include a script that remaps remote buttons in custom remote.conf.

4. I can not reboot the MXV from the homescreen but I can shutdown the MXV from the homescreen. Before I upgraded to Librelec I believe you had gotten it to not only shutdown but to also reboot. You of course fixed the usb male to male cable in port 1 and 4 issue..... Which was Awesome BTW!

Reboot works just like before (i.e. in OE builds), it must be something else that changed. For now you can work this around by choosing "Power off" and powering the box back on.

ok but where exactly is the "Configuration folder?"

/storage/.config over SSH or \\[i]your_box_IP[/i]\Configuration using Windows shares.

Edited once, last by kszaq (June 28, 2016 at 9:50 AM).

• what about dificult solution ? maybe i can fix this by myself ?

This is what my script is doing and you can execute this over SSH:

Remember to reboot afterwards.

• Where do I find 'autostart.sh' and if I need to create it where do I put it? Thinking of trying 'hotplug' or 'ondemand' as my box often sticks for a few seconds or more!

Edited once, last by kszaq (June 29, 2016 at 8:59 AM).

• You need to use remote.conf from original Android firmware. Please read the first post, there is information how to do this. If you don't have a ZIP file with Android firware for your box and you run LE from SD card, you can use instructions from this post: LibreELEC

Hi Kszaq,

I tried what you had and it made no difference. I have tried my stock remote.conf on several different builds lf LE and another for OE, been looking for the LCD information with no luck, i have talked to the manufacture and they are sayings its a standard 7 segment digital screen. Last two things to try and figure out, seem easy but have not been lol

Edited once, last by kszaq (June 29, 2016 at 9:01 AM).

• Where do I find 'autostart.sh' and if I need to create it where do I put it? Thinking of trying 'hotplug' or 'ondemand' as my box often sticks for a few seconds or more!

You can read about autostart.sh here (it's the same in LE): Autostart.sh - OpenELEC

In the most recent builds ondemand is the default CPU governor and I recommend trying hotplug only if you experience system freezes, not hiccups.

I tried what you had and it made no difference. I have tried my stock remote.conf on several different builds lf LE and another for OE, been looking for the LCD information with no luck, i have talked to the manufacture and they are sayings its a standard 7 segment digital screen. Last two things to try and figure out, seem easy but have not been lol

For the remote control, you may want to see if there's any other *.conf file in Android firmware. The one you posted in other thread looks incomplete.

• Can't see autostart.sh via samba and still not sure how to create it, sorry for being thick. I thought the latest build used interactive according to the changelog: LibreELEC

I might just revert to 7.0.1.3 and see if it's any better as I don't think you changed much in 7.0.1.4.

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (June 29, 2016 at 10:03 AM).

• Can't see autostart.sh via samba and still not sure how to create it, sorry for being thick. I thought the latest build used interactive according to the changelog: LibreELEC

I might just revert to 7.0.1.3 and see if it's any better as I don't think you changed much in 7.0.1.4.

You won't see autostart.sh unless you have created it.
    It's simply a text file list of commands, like most script files and needs to be created in / moved to /storage/.config via SSH
    or alternatively the configfiles samba share.

• You won't see autostart.sh unless you have created it.
    It's simply a text file list of commands, like most script files and needs to be created in / moved to /storage/.config via SSH
    or alternatively the configfiles samba share.

OK, thought it might need special permissions/chmod. Do you know if this is the correct syntax:

Code
    (
     echo "ondemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    ) &

[hr]
    And while I'm on the subject has anybody tried performance mode? Maybe there's reason not to use this as I read somewhere that the cpu frequency is cut whem temp goes over 70 degrees.

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (June 29, 2016 at 11:27 AM).

• I thought the latest build used interactive according to the changelog: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-200-po...ml#pid3408

That's correct and my mistake. I was a bit confused about it. I am thinking that we may want to go back to ondemand for stability. I am not experiencing issues with interactive yet after discussing it with a few people I think we'll have ondemand as default for the next build.

Any update on the progress of your S905 build?

It's ready but not public. You can PM me for the details.

OK, thought it might need special permissions/chmod. Do you know if this is the correct syntax:

Code
    (
     echo "ondemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    ) &

This should work.

And while I'm on the subject has anybody tried performance mode? Maybe there's reason not to use this as I read somewhere that the cpu frequency is cut whem temp goes over 70 degrees.

Performance will turn off frequency scaling and keep CPU at max available speed. CPU will throttle in accordance to trip points defined in device tree: LibreELEC.tv/meson8b_hd18q_dtd.patch at 7.0.1.4 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

This translates to 1.5GHz up to 60°C, 1.4GHz up to 65°C and so on. If the temperature goes over 90°C the box will shut down immediately.

• Performance will turn off frequency scaling and keep CPU at max available speed. CPU will throttle in accordance to trip points defined in device tree: LibreELEC.tv/meson8b_hd18q_dtd.patch at 7.0.1.4 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

This translates to 1.5GHz up to 60°C, 1.4GHz up to 65°C and so on. If the temperature goes over 90°C the box will shut down immediately.

Have you tried performance? I doubt I'll try it as stability is more important.

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (June 29, 2016 at 12:54 PM).

• Have you tried performance? I doubt I'll try it as stability is more important.

I haven't, I'm happy with how interactive performs and and I don't like my box getting hot. If you don't modify trip points, performance should be safe to run although your box will throttle at some point for sure.