[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Well, I managed to find a 7.0.1.4 image on sx05.eu and can confirm that wake up by pressing remote power button works out of the box on this build for me, and doesn't on 7.0.3.3c, 8.0.0b or 7.0.2.2. Anyway, I'm quite happy with using a slightly older build - it's been rock stable for me and satisfies all my needs. Thanks once again )

• Hi kszaq,

Thanks for the excelent work with LibreELEC for amlogic devices.

I am using this build since version 7.0.3.3a on some MXQ boxes to replace the stock android image with LibreELEC and until now I am very satisfied with the results.

I use the toothpick method and install it to NAND and it works perfectly for all devices until now when I need to buy a MXQ lot from another supplier. With this new lot, when I try to boot the recovery from SD card the recovery process is finished but after reboot it freezes on boot screen and the boot process never ends.

I open the devices and the hardware looks like similar (same processor S805) but in different revisions printed on board (S805 rev2.0 and S805Q_V2.0). The version S805 rev2.0 works and version S805Q_V2.0 not. The attachment of this message contains a picture of the boards.

I need to know if is it possible to make it work with this new revision of board and which information I need to collect to help on the diagnostic of this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Alexandre
    [hr]
    Hi kszaq,

It works using image LibreELEC-S805.m201d.arm-7.0.3.3c.zip.

I managed now that this new lot came with less RAM (only 350mb).

The version for m201d works perfectly.

Sorry about the inconvenience and thanks again for the excelent work!

Alexandre

• I have the exact same board S805Q_V2.0 and only the M201D works for me. I also have only 350 Megs of RAM. It works but it will freeze sometimes playing a Movie or even if Kodi just sits idle. it may sit idle for 20 Mins and Freeze or 7 Hours. Do you have any issues with it Freezing ?

• Well, I managed to find a 7.0.1.4 image on sx05.eu and can confirm that wake up by pressing remote power button works out of the box on this build for me, and doesn't on 7.0.3.3c, 8.0.0b or 7.0.2.2. Anyway, I'm quite happy with using a slightly older build - it's been rock stable for me and satisfies all my needs. Thanks once again )

Could you provide the Link as I too need an older version to try.

Thanks

• As far as I can tell there were no changes regarding suspend between 7.0.1.4 and 7.0.2.2.

Hi Kszaq:

I have one of the newer MXQ Boards S805Q_V2.0 that only boots up with your M201D Build and of course it has the crappy 350 Megs. I have tried almost every Build inc. 7.0.3.3C as well as 8.0.0b and I am getting Freezing just with Kodi at idle or even playing Video's. Its random can be 5 mins or 30 mins. I have tried many things. Today I tried one of your first Build supporting M201D (7.0.1.1)and was going to slowly test each version from there moving up.

To my surprise no lockups at this old version. No freezing at idle or playback. Been testing for over a day now. This may be the one i will use.

Question:

I currently have loaded to NAND 8.0.0b and soon I will push from SD (7.0.1.1) to NAND. Will the standard SSh (InstalltoInternal) work for me in this case. Will it overwrite the LibreElec
    8.8.8b in NAND ?

Thanks for all your great work !!!

• NINJAIII,

Thanks for your information about the older builds stability. The boxes freezes sometimes but it is much more stable than Android for me because I use it as a cheap linux server for a software application. I will try older releases to check if the freezes desapear.

About 350mb limitation, with this older build it persists or can you get 1GB?

kszaq,

I build LibrElec.tv from source code using your fork on github and tried another device tree files than the three available by default to to get 1GB but without success. I tried also to make copy m201d dtd increasing only memory amout to 1GB but it freezes after reboot like MXQ and HD18q images. Is it possible to get 1GB this way?

Maybe I am paranoid but can this board have less memory and the original firmware is mocking the user saying that it has 1GB?

Thank you all,

Alexandre

• @Alexandre

Have a read on Page 4 of this Topic you will see some things Kszaq found about Fake RAM with these Boxes.

thread-200-page-4.html

Edited once, last by NINJAIII (March 16, 2017 at 2:43 AM).

• what one did you use hd18 or M201D
    [hr]
    I updated my MXQ V1.0 with LibreELEC-S805.m201d.arm-7.0.3.3c.zip loaded perfect everything works great.Next I tried to update to LibreELEC-S805.arm-8.0-8.0.0g-m201d.tar and I get md5 check failed any idea how to fix this?

• No, I'm not going to add any changes to 7.0 builds except for hardware fixes.

Some more reasons:

• whatever the "forks" are, source code seems not to be public,
    • Kodi Jarvis is no longer developed,
    • whatever changes they are talking about, LE 7 already uses Python 2.7.

Edited once, last by kszaq (April 9, 2017 at 11:57 PM).