[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• libcec-daemon stops by itself.

cec-client works when loaded by itself. It listens to my remote presses. No action is shown on-screen...but the terminal hears every remote press when I run cec-client in the manner you describe above. Here is a dmesg after booting and running cec-client.

bPhC

This means that CEC driver works well and there is a bug in libcec-daemon... not really my field of expertise. Unless there's some updated version of libcec-daemon available, I won't be able to make it work with your TV.
    [hr]

Thank you!

OpenElecCrazy: I need to get ssv6051-sw.bin and ssv6051-wifi.cfg from your Android firmware.

You can extract them to Downloads samba share by booting to LE and executing the following commands:

Code
    mkdir -p ~/downloads
    mkdir -p ~/downloads/ssv
    mkdir /tmp/system
    mount /dev/system /tmp/system
    find /tmp/system -name ssv\* -exec cp {} ~/downloads/ssv/
    umount /tmp/system

Edited once, last by kszaq (May 16, 2016 at 1:13 PM).

• Not tested, an idea: use this guide to create a resume script. You can name it 01-update-time.power and place the following content inside:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
      post)
        ntpd -q -n -p pool.ntp.org
        ;;
    esac

This would force time update on system resume.

Just for the record this dosn't work! I thought it did but it seems hit and miss like reboot etc. Not that worried as I just hard-boot or turn wifi on and off. Thanx for trying anyway.

Current build .2 seems pretty stable and bug free for me otherwise.

• This means that CEC driver works well and there is a bug in libcec-daemon... not really my field of expertise. Unless there's some updated version of libcec-daemon available, I won't be able to make it work with your TV.
    [hr]

OpenElecCrazy: I need to get ssv6051-sw.bin and ssv6051-wifi.cfg from your Android firmware.

You can extract them to Downloads samba share by booting to LE and executing the following commands:

Code
    mkdir -p ~/downloads
    mkdir -p ~/downloads/ssv
    mkdir /tmp/system
    mount /dev/system /tmp/system
    find /tmp/system -name ssv\* -exec cp {} ~/downloads/ssv/
    umount /tmp/system

Will do but it will be on friday as Im out of town. Dont think I could talk my wife into trying that...LOL

Thanks,
    Frank

• LE 7.0.1 is out. Before I release a build based on 7.0.1 I want to provide a fix for m201d build not being able to turn back on. I think 7.0.1.1 will be avaiable this week. Stay tuned.

• LE 7.0.1 is out. Before I release a build based on 7.0.1 I want to provide a fix for m201d build not being able to turn back on. I think 7.0.1.1 will be avaiable this week. Stay tuned.

Be interesting to see what improvements we get!

• Can someone help me
    I have the MXQ black but my remote control does not work I have Try both MXQ and HD18Q releases and got the remote.conf file from Android firmware but I dont know where to copy it to and how ?

• you need to connect via samba and drop it into the configfiles folder

I have connected from my windows 10 via Natwork Browser and dropped it on the configfiles folder but remote still not working .

What am I doning wrong ?

• Hi, i am using the Beelink MXQ with 7.0.0.2 and i just wanted to ask if the known issue "sometimes CEC may not work" means that CEC randomly turns on and off again. Which is currently my problem.

• I have connected from my windows 10 via Natwork Browser and dropped it on the configfiles folder but remote still not working .

What am I doning wrong ?

Have you rebooted after copying the file?

Hi, i am using the Beelink MXQ with 7.0.0.2 and i just wanted to ask if the known issue "sometimes CEC may not work" means that CEC randomly turns on and off again. Which is currently my problem.

Yes.

• Will LibreELEC work on the Tronsmart MXIII Plus?

If so can someone point me in the right direction as far as which file to use and proper installation instructions.
    I have OpenELEC installed on mine right now but would like to switch to LibreELEC.

Thanks.

• Yes I have

i did have this problem once and the only way i fixed it was to upload the remote.config file to somewhere and then download it directly to the configfiles folder then reboot the box pm me if you want it uploaded to give you a download link or just set up an account on archive.org and do it from there

• I decided to release a 7.0.1-based build before fixing the "not being able to power on by remote" issue for V3_1 board. This bug is related to broken u-boot and not easy to fix without breaking features for other boxes, like CEC wakeup. The bug is also present after upgrading to cyx_MXQ_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_16.0_160419.

7.0.1.1 7.0.1.1

Commits from 7.0.0.2 to 7.0.1.1: Comparing 7.0.0.2...7.0.1.1 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub
    Kernel commits from 7.0.0.2 to 7.0.1.1: Comparing bd872fa628...9bf155dcbb · kszaq/linux · GitHub

Changelog:

• LibreELEC 7.0.1
    • fixed m201 "costdown" board LED on resume
    • minor new CEC driver initialization fixes
    • reverted Amlogic changes in kernel wireless stack for better WiFi performance
    • added overlayfs support in kernel
    • included PLL fix for 4K TVs (thanks Sam Nazarko)
    • fixed a rare issue with repeated power button keypresses
    • using 4K block for SquashFS for minor system partition read performance bump

Known issues:

• V3_1 board cannot wake up from suspend/power off by pressing remote power button (u-boot bug)
    • 29.97 progressive videos may stutter
    • sometimes CEC may not work
    • power LED on not officially supported boxes may not work as intended (too many boards to support them with a single build)
    • no HD-Audio passthrough and multichannel audio output
    • DVB support is experimental, some USB DVB tuners don't work at all

Edited once, last by kszaq (May 19, 2016 at 10:15 PM).

• Updated my MK808b plus with custom Aeon Nox 5 skin + emulators to 7.0.1.1 without issues

-I am seeing a definate increase in performance when loading large rom lists like mame. scrolling and picking games is a bit quicker with the new file system settings. Loading IARL pages is also quicker.

• kszaq, I'm booted/running LE from SD with Android on nand. After LE booted I SSH'd the box and tried the last code and it gave me the following? Am I supposed to insert the filename somewhere in this string?

LibreELEC:~ # find /tmp/system -name ssv\* -exec cp {} ~/downloads/ssv
    find: -exec requires an argument