[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• I watch quite a few TV shows in 1080p/H265 format and my MXQ with Openelec doesn't even break a sweat. I'll test with LE, I don't see how it can be much different though.

• They're on a local USB disk.

OK, I must have a bunch of H265 1080p stuff that is simply too highly compressed for my box to handle! 1080p files do play fine, 264 and 265, just that I'm noticing more and more that they tend to be the problem files. I will be moving up to a S905 box at some point because of the faster cpu but I'm pretty happy at the mo. As a rule I tend to stick with 720p files as I rarely have problems with these. Also S805 boxes can't and never will play 10bit files which isn't a problem at the mo because there doesn't seem to be that many about but that will change over time no doubt especially when 4K TV's become dirt cheap, which they will.

As I mentioned above faster cpu's becoming cheaper and cheaper means that greater compression can be used meaning much smaller files sizes. That smaller files size is very important for obvious reasons especially for the companies serving the masses.

• PatrickJB I think previous generation Amlogic chips - including S805 - are very good in terms of video playback. Except for 10-bit encoding - which are very rare - they can play everything I throw at them and with CPU power is enough to handle everything you need in LE. And when you look for speed, S802 and S812 are faster than S905 or S912.

• OK, I must have a bunch of H265 1080p stuff that is simply too highly compressed for my box to handle! 1080p files do play fine, 264 and 265, just that I'm noticing more and more that they tend to be the problem files. I will be moving up to a S905 box at some point because of the faster cpu but I'm pretty happy at the mo. As a rule I tend to stick with 720p files as I rarely have problems with these. Also S805 boxes can't and never will play 10bit files which isn't a problem at the mo because there doesn't seem to be that many about but that will change over time no doubt especially when 4K TV's become dirt cheap, which they will.

As I mentioned above faster cpu's becoming cheaper and cheaper means that greater compression can be used meaning much smaller files sizes. That smaller files size is very important for obvious reasons especially for the companies serving the masses.

I have found some H265 files that were badly encoded and those stutter badly. The majority though are OK. They are 700MB-1000MB files, usually 45-60 minutes long and the CPU usage rarely goes above 50%.

The only reason I want a S905X box is the multichannel audio output. There are many videos with 5.1 AAC audio and the MXQ sends only 2.0 to my AVR.

• Maintenance release:
    7.0.2.7 7.0.2.7

Commits from 7.0.2.6 to 7.0.2.7: Comparing 7.0.2.6...7.0.2.7 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Changelog:

• fixed IR remote key code replacement script (e.g. remote button not working)
    • reworked Kodi patches for demux buffering: vq stays high, high bitrate videos still able to play
    • simplified updater-script for less errors when installing to internal memory in recovery
    • updated AP6212 and added AP6212a firmware

Please report if you notice any regressions. :)

Edited once, last by kszaq (November 6, 2016 at 9:49 PM).

• Maintenance release:
    7.0.2.7 7.0.2.7

Commits from 7.0.2.6 to 7.0.2.7: Comparing 7.0.2.6...7.0.2.7 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Changelog:

• reworked Kodi patches for demux buffering: vq stays high, high bitrate videos still able to play
    • simplified updater-script for less errors when installing to internal memory in recovery

Hi kszaq, thanks for this update, everything seems to be ok :) just one information maybe i've missed something during these weeks of s805 development. I have a MXQ S85 and i've just updated from 7.0.2.5 to 7.0.2.7 and i noticed that now i get a dummy MAC address like 00:01:02 etc and not the original one: what could it be? Thanks

• Maintenance release:
    7.0.2.7 7.0.2.7

Changelog:

Hi - I have noticed an issue with using a keyboard on this new update, its very unresponsive and stutters when moving through the menus - Thanks for a brilliant build of Libre

• Maintenance release:
    7.0.2.7 7.0.2.7

Is it possible to create a swap partition to assist with only 512meg ram in the m201d devices? Trying to stream live HD content that I know streams smoothly (have tried on my phone) but keeps buffering so am putting it down to ram. Phone is on wifi and box is LAN

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk