[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• The development version has an option to configure Power button behaviour in Kodi menu (Settings -> System -> Power saving). You probably want to set it to "Suspend" as some boxes have trouble waking up by remote control from "Power off".

Just to confirm that this Particular Box "Powers Off" via remote.
    Using the .005 version it "Wakes Up" after power off.
    Using Power Menu and choosing Suspend , The box Powers Off not Suspend. (.005)

Using the Development Build I tried the suspend option from my "Power Menu" and it Powered Off.
    Doesn't seem to have Suspend.

Edited once, last by kostaman (October 12, 2016 at 10:37 AM).

• The development version has an option to configure Power button behaviour in Kodi menu (Settings -> System -> Power saving). You probably want to set it to "Suspend" as some boxes have trouble waking up by remote control from "Power off".

OK, updated switched power button mode to suspend and seems alright so far. Will get back if I notice any bugs.

Is there anything we should be watching out for, as you mentioned this version needs long term testing?

• What did it do before switching to suspend ?

It powered off.

kszaq
    OK Houston we've got a bug! Analog audio no longer works I have to switch to S/PDIF to get any sound from my TV and then I can't get any audio to my old amp for music!

EDIT: Another possible bug, Just stopped a vid and I lost the HDMI connection, I got it back by switching between inputs for my TV.

EDIT 2: Can't say for sure at this point, needs more testing, but there may be sound sync issues with some files!

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (October 12, 2016 at 11:08 AM).

• kszaq
    OK Houston we've got a bug! Analog audio no longer works I have to switch to S/PDIF to get any sound from my TV and then I can't get any audio to my old amp for music!

Can you try creating an empty file named asound.conf, put it in Configfiles folder and reboot?

Just to confirm that this Particular Box "Powers Off" via remote.
    Using the .005 version it "Wakes Up" after power off.
    Using Power Menu and choosing Suspend , The box Powers Off not Suspend. (.005)

Using the Development Build I tried the suspend option from my "Power Menu" and it Powered Off.
    Doesn't seem to have Suspend.

Okay ! Installed Development Build again.
    I set the Settings -> System -> Power saving "Suspend"
    Used remote to what i thought would Suspend the box. Hit remote to turn it back on
    and it did respond by turning on.
    BUT it had not suspended it had turned off and booted up with boot-logo etc.
    So the theory of not waking from off is probably not what this box is doing.

Analog audio no longer works I have to switch to S/PDIF to get any sound from my TV

Same issue. Analogue no sound at all. GUI sound nothing.

• Hi all,

Sorry for interrupting the thread.
    I have a question but I'm not sure if I have all the information on hand.
    I have a friend in another country, whom I installed the HD18Q build 7.0.5 onto a SD CARD onto his plastic case MXQ box.
    Everything seems fine. Remote works etc etc.
    The very wierd thing is that it says that the Internet IS connected (we have an IP address) but we can't seem to get any speed at all. He has tried Ethernet and Wifi. Both the same. I can try to get more information. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be going on?

Thanks.

Edited once, last by kodiuser1 (October 12, 2016 at 3:15 PM).

• Hi all,

Sorry for interrupting the thread.
    I have a question but I'm not sure if I have all the information on hand.
    I have a friend in another country, whom I installed the HD18Q build 7.0.5 onto a SD CARD onto his plastic case MXQ box.
    Everything seems fine. Remote works etc etc.
    The very wierd thing is that it says that the Internet IS connected (we have an IP address) but we can't seem to get any speed at all. He has tried Ethernet and Wifi. Both the same. I can try to get more information. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be going on?

Thanks.

Does his box see any Wifi hosts/services? May be worth instructing your friend in how to grab a Samba log after rebooting. Make sure wifi is on. I can't help you myself as I'm too thick but Kszaq might, if he has time, be able to look at the logs and at least tell you if the Wifi is working correctly.

Sorry I can't help any further. Good luck!

EDIT: You could check: System/System/Internet access, and make sure "Internet connection bandwidth limitation" is set to off!

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (October 12, 2016 at 3:36 PM).

• Thanks. It's not only the wifi it's the Ethernet as well. As it's installed from a SD card I have told him to check the Android Internet. Other than that maybe we will try a different build.

• Thanks. It's not only the wifi it's the Ethernet as well. As it's installed from a SD card I have told him to check the Android Internet. Other than that maybe we will try a different build.

See my edit above could be that bandwidth limiting is on!

I have no other ideas myself.

• Does his box see any Wifi hosts/services? May be worth instructing your friend in how to grab a Samba log after rebooting. Make sure wifi is on. I can't help you myself as I'm too thick but Kszaq might, if he has time, be able to look at the logs and at least tell you if the Wifi is working correctly.

Sorry I can't help any further. Good luck!

EDIT: You could check: System/System/Internet access, and make sure "Internet connection bandwidth limitation" is set to off!

Is that in Android OS? Never mind I know it's LibreELEC

Edited once, last by kodiuser1 (October 12, 2016 at 5:35 PM).

• LibreELEC-S805.HD18Q.arm-7.0-devel-201610122307..>

Analog Audio now works. HDMI setup.

Suspend used in power saving settings with the following results.

Using the red remote button turns the box “OFF” not suspend.
    Pressing red button on remote the box boots up Boot animation then LE splash etc.

I then used my power option menu and chose “Suspend”, the box turned “OFF”
    Pressing red button on remote the box boots up Boot animation then LE splash etc.

I then used my power option menu and chose “Power Off”, the box turned “OFF”.
    Pressing the red button after using “Power Off” in my power option menu the box does not respond. It refuses to turn back on.

Added : Just realised that the ethernet is always alive even when box "Powers Off"
    I call it power off in my case because that is what it does. No Suspend.

Edited once, last by kostaman (October 13, 2016 at 3:21 AM).

• the Internet IS connected (we have an IP address) but we can't seem to get any speed at all. He has tried Ethernet and Wifi. Both the same. I can try to get more information. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be going on?

Ask him what current date the box is displaying. If it reads January 1970 , he is not connected.
    Ask him for the ip address. If it is something strange instead of starting with 192.168.?.? his router has not given him a proper ip.
    I hope he hasn't played around with DHCP settings with his router.
    Pull the ethernet cable out first and connect wireless. Go to LE Configurations , Look under connections and see what network he is connected to and if the notification "state" says "ready" and the "Type" reads "dhcp"
    Do the same analysis with ethernet.
    Reboot the router before all this. And i always advise to log into router and renew all dhcp ip addresses when this sort of thing happens.
    This will eliminate all possible issues with his router network and then at least after all this you will know it may be a bug with the box.