[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Hi guys. Im still with LibreElec 7.0.3.3c on my 3 years old MXQ (thanks @kszaq). Im wondering, why i cant install PVR IPTV simple client? It says "installation failed". Do i have to upgrade to LibreElec 8 to have PVR IPTV simple client on my MXQ? Is there another PVR addon that handles single m3u IPTV list (with account details on it) i can test?

• I have an MXQ all black box. S805, model M201D. Build number MXQ.V2.201601260953

I had a lot of trouble trying out Abduls Lollipop, and various ways of trying to install several versions of LibreElec. They would both install but had chronic crashing issues during and after boot.

What DID work however, was installing file LibreELEC-S805.arm-8.0-8.0.1a-m201d.img to an SD card and dual booting. After setup and tweaking of the SD card environment, I used puTTy terminal software to connect from my laptop to box via SSH (you have to turn it and SAMBA on in the LibreElec settings!) and logged in as user: root pass: libreelec then issued the command installtointernal to install the current build to internal NAND. Choose to save user data to internal memory when it asks! Then I issued command rebootfromnand to watch it attempt to boot from new internal install. It worked after several tries, and boots without SD card in unit.. hurray and GREAT WORK by all those involved!!

I used SAMBA to install my IR remote config file with no issues... nice.

It is a little glitchy still.. No way to power down, as it won't come back from shutdown with IR power button or KODI shutdown button. I tried to boot TWRP in order to backup and clone successful install, but it would not boot and resulted in improper boot of LibreElec. I had to dual boot and installtointernal again to fix. If anyone can tell me how to make a copy of the complete image to clone to my two other boxes it would be great.

Small issues, and I am very happy with the new software.. Once again THANKS! GREAT JOB :)

• Hi All,

I hadn't done much with LibreELEC until now. I've used OpenELEC on the Raspberry Pi.

I have a Ditter U20 Android TV Box. I think this model comes in versions which use Rockchip, Allwinner, and AMlogic. The Rockchip and Allwinner versions appear to have dual core processors and the AMlogic is the S805 quad core with 1G RAM and 8G Flash memory. The one I have is the S805 version. The version of Android (4.2.2) and Kodi (16) which comes preloaded on this box is very buggy, and playing video files with certain audio tracks will cause the whole box to stop playing any sounds until you do a factory reset. Luckily on this box there is a reset switch next to the USB on the left hand side. Since this is a very cheap and nasty box, there are no updates or support which I expected. I have been using it for a couple of years now, mainly as an audio player, but my kids will use it to play videos sometimes and then I get the inevitable crying because the sound has stopped. I had pretty much given up on this box as a video player and was looking for a new one when I stumbled on this thread.

I thought I would just leave a message to let people know that I tried the LibreELEC-S805.arm-8.0-8.0.1a-MXQ.img on this box and so far it is working very well. This was the first image I tried, and I haven't tried the others. I've only had a brief play with it and none of the video files I have thrown at it lock up the audio like before although there are still issues passing through the audio via HDMI to my TV (TCL) and then back to my AV Receiver (Yamaha). However with down-mixing turned on at least the kids can get audio on the problem video files. I haven't had enough time to test the various combinations of setting yet to see if there are other solutions. I've also found the CEC doesn't seem to work, but once again I haven't had a good look at this. CEC is a problem normally for me even with the TV and AVR or my Samsung Bluray player because I can get the TV or Blueray to turn the AVR off, but have never got it to turn on, and the AVR turning other things on is pretty much a no go. Under Android, this box could turn off the TV and AVR, but not reliably so I'm probably going to use the universal remote instead.

I haven't installed LibreELEC on the box, it is just on an SD Card. It boots up fairly quickly compared to the original Android. Getting it going initially was a case of putting the SD Card in, and power cycling while the reset button was held down. It then just loaded LibreELEC and there was no requirement or prompts to go into any recovery modes. It just booted straight into LibreELEC, and now if the SD card is plugged in it boots to LibreELEC, otherwise it boots Android.
    Speed of the box appears good with LibreELEC. Initially while Kodi was scanning my media it was a bit slow to react to remote commands, and I'm not sure the remote is responding quite as quickly as it does in Android, but I think I saw some options for changing remote timing in the settings which I'll have a play with. So far no issues with video files although I haven't done much testing yet. When I get some more time I'll have a bit more of a play with Audio and Video settings and perhaps try logging what is going on in CEC to see what is being passed in and out of the box. If I get any results I'll post them here.

The one strange thing happening is that when the box is turned off either via the menu item or remote, the blue power indicator stays on. Under Android this changed to a red indicator.

I might even plug in one of my old Playstation Play TV dual tuners to see how they go. I have found these good on a Ubuntu box, but unreliable on the QNAP NAS.

I only ever bought this box as a network audio player for a home audio system, but now it looks like the kids will make use of it for videos as well.

Thanks very much to Kasaq and everyone else involved with this.

• Looking for some advice. I tried to do this earlier today & could not get the toothpick method to work.

After countless attempts I gave up & removed the toothpick, & booted as normal. Now it finally goes to recovery, but only recovery, reboot on recovery menu or pulling power just sends me back to recovery.

How can I install this from the android (3e) recovery menu? Is it install from ext? If so do I need to write the img as a non bootable one first?

Just want to check before I take any further action. Thanks for your time & the effort into making this in the first place.

• Thanks for the quick response.

I've read & re-read the OP but cannot find anything related to being stuck in recovery, only what to do if the recovery doesn't work.

The only thing I can think of is to find the original firmware for the box & flash that, then try the whole process again, & hope that the toothpick method makes the box boot from the SD card this time? Is that right?

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious, I've got experience with a fair few raspberrypi's running OE/LE, & have flashed android custom roms & bootloaders etc, but I have never flashed an android box to another OS before.

• Looking for some advice. I tried to do this earlier today & could not get the toothpick method to work.

After countless attempts I gave up & removed the toothpick, & booted as normal.

You give absolutely no details, except it did not work.
    What did not work.
    The box , The version of LibreELEC , all of which is only known to you.
    Where did you start.

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious,

You Missed all this #1

• Okay, apologies.

I read through post 1 in this thread twice, then followed it as I worked (as I always do when flashing etc).

The box is an all black MXQ Amlogic S805.

I downloaded LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.3.3c.img.gz

unpacked & burnt it to the sd card as per the instruction on the installation page.

I then powered off the box, inserted SD card & inserted toothpick to press the button. Kept in held in & reconnected power, but no hdmi output whatsoever even after a few minutes. Took out power & toothpick, tried same again.

I then tried another SD card & redownloaded the img file in case it was corrupted. Same process again, nothing.

Again, with yet another SD card, same process, again nothing. Tried repeatedly the same process & had no hdmi output, box light stayed red & no signal sent to TV at all.

I dont have debug logs as it was a physical process & the box wasnt able to log anything as wasnt booting.

I then gave up & removed SD card & toothpick & rebooted.

This is when the box went into recovery mode, but either choosing reboot from there or pulling power & reinserting will not boot into anything but the recovery mode.

• I then gave up & removed SD card & toothpick & rebooted.

This is when the box went into recovery mode, but either choosing reboot from there or pulling power & reinserting will not boot into anything but the recovery mode.

This nothing i have seen with @kszaq's images since versions way back stopped replacing Bootloaders.
    7.0.3.3c.img.gz does not replace original boot loader so i believe you need a fresh install of Android.
    It's a pain but that will be your only option with this chip.
    Amlogic USB Burning Tool and then hunt for Android Firmware for s805.
    That is a challenge because these boxes are all clones with different boards and hardware.
    Try Freaktab site.

• Thanks for the reply, I've just done some digging & found some firmware, (I kept the manual so know it's marketed as an OTT MXQ box which helps), but they all have an earlier date than the one listed on the recovery screen (it shows 20160303), & my previous experience with Android phones tells me that may be an issue as they dont like overwriting newer firmwares. I'll try it anyway when ity finishes downloading. Fingers crossed!

Edited once, last by kszaq (April 25, 2017 at 2:53 PM).

• Hi everybody, first of all many thanks to kszaq for the great work! I have an MXQ OTT TV BOX, the all black version.. tried many different build from 7 to 8.0.0 to the latest 8.0.1a in all flavors: mxq, hd180 m201...always the same, remote does not work. Yes, I tried to put the remote.conf from android in Configuration folder:

Code
    /storage/.config

over SSH, tried to put it in

Code
    \\your_box_IP\Configuration, even directly on SD..nothing. Tried some remote.conf from the net that someone did say to work...no luck..
    What else can I try? Thanks in advance for your attention

• Thanks for the reply, I've just done some digging & found some firmware, (I kept the manual so know it's marketed as an OTT MXQ box which helps), but they all have an earlier date than the one listed on the recovery screen (it shows 20160303), & my previous experience with Android phones tells me that may be an issue as they dont like overwriting newer firmwares. I'll try it anyway when ity finishes downloading. Fingers crossed!

Nope, no joy. Searched high & low but cannot find the same date firmware or a later one than 20160303 so it won't install. Guess I have a paperweight now unless there's something more extreme I can try.

• Searched high & low but cannot find the same date firmware or a later one than 20160303 so it won't install. Guess I have a paperweight now unless there's something more extreme I can try.

You have nothing to lose. Flash an all black s805 MXQ Rom.
    Open the box and see what wifi chip and board board you have.
    Take a picture.

Did you Read Here ?

Edited once, last by kostaman (April 26, 2017 at 12:26 PM).

• Hey,

I have just done an upgrade from OE on my MK808B+ to LE (LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.3.3c) but I seem to have lost wifi on the stick, and can't work out how to get it back?

Can someone help me out please

Thanks

UPDATE -
    WIFI started working after a reboot.

Edited once, last by karl0ss (May 4, 2017 at 7:09 AM).

• Just flashed the latest on my mxq box, all working fine, apart from SSH, it's enabled in libreelec config, but I just get connection refused, samba shares work, I have reflashed, but it's the same...I've also tried over wi-fi and Lan...anyone have any idea? As I want to install to internal..

Thanks

• Hi - We managed to get emulation station running on LibreELEC 7 for MXQ hd18q, but since updating to krypton, we are having problems with the lib files.

We have been using an addon by Jokerz, that allows us to use additional lib files, but since updating to LE8 they aren't working anymore, yet it works fine on the S905 LE8 builds.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated

Many thanks