[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Hi kszaq,

first, thank you for your effort in creating the builds for us! I have been using your OpenElec build (some old 6 version) on red stripe MXQ since around March seamlessly. Problem is, that I have decided to do an update yesterday :)

I took 7.0.2.5 MXQ version for update, but unfortunatelly, the update stopped, when the progress bar was in the middle, the device rebooted, then the update started again and the whole process keeped repeating.

So I have decided for a clean NAND installation, but all the 7.0.2.5 builds, that I tried (MXQ, HD18Q, m201d) behaved equally as described above.

So I did the NAND installations with all 7.0.2.4 versions. All 3 installed sucessfully, but on MXQ and m201d wifi (and bluetooth) didn't work. On HD18Q wifi and even bluetooth worked, CEC worked, but my remote didn't work. So I took remote.conf from android image and the remote started to work. I tried to turn the device off, but it just went to sleep, unlike the old openelec build I used, which turned the MXQ off. So I did a normal reboot from the menu, unfortunatelly after the reboot wifi and bluetooth stopped working.

I tried also some older openelec releases, but I don't remember the one I used and on none the wifi worked. I even installed android couple of times, where my wifi and android works and did an install of some libreelec versions after that android install, without improvement.

So the best shot was 7.0.2.4 HD18Q version, where after reboot wifi and bluetooth stopped working. Do you have any idea why? Or how to fix it? Anyway it would be also great, if turning off with remote actually turned the device off, so after turning it on, the whole system boots. I like clean start-ups. If you can give me any advice, how to have a functional build, I would be happy to try it. Otherwise I will keep looking for the openelec version I had, but I would like to have new libreelec one with kodi 16. Thanks for your help.

• Hello guys from.LIBREelec was wondering if anyone here tried the latest LIBREelec build on T95M 2G8G BOX S905 ...i tried both sd and usb..it wont boot..thanks

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Hello guys from.LIBREelec was wondering if anyone here tried the latest LIBREelec build on T95M 2G8G BOX S905 ...i tried both sd and usb..it wont boot..thanks

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Youre in the wrong thread.
    This is for the s805 chip
    See below link.

LibreELEC

Edited once, last by kostaman (August 26, 2016 at 1:53 AM).

• michaelchen I have been looking for a fix to i2c-mux driver to work with latest media_build but I can't seem to find a suitable solution. I'm afraid in the end we would have to keep the "old" rtl28xx driver to make it work again.

• kszaq
    Something I've been meaning to ask for a while, when changing skin from the default le confluence skin you loose the option to reboot to nand how do you go about rebooting to nand from within Kodi without the need to remove and card to boot into Android? Is there a command I can send to the box or modify an XML to add that option back in?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

• michaelchen I have been looking for a fix to i2c-mux driver to work with latest media_build but I can't seem to find a suitable solution. I'm afraid in the end we would have to keep the "old" rtl28xx driver to make it work again.

what ever the outcome may be all i can say is THX for all the effort and time you put in this.
    i cant say that the old driver was working great but......beter then not working at al.
    THX again, awaiting for the next test build.
    good night.

• Something I've been meaning to ask for a while, when changing skin from the default le confluence skin you loose the option to reboot to nand how do you go about rebooting to nand from within Kodi without the need to remove and card to boot into Android? Is there a command I can send to the box or modify an XML to add that option back in?

You can read about adding the option in that post (among others):
    LibreELEC

michaelchen Can you test this build: 7.0.2.5-i2c-mux-test
    If it doesn't work, I'm afraid we're out of options for the moment and have to revert to older driver for that tuner.

• Hi, these are my first steps with LibreELEC.

I received my MXQ all black device.
    Out of the box (ANDROID) all is working (also the original remote control)

I wanted to start with LibreELEC
    I tried the "test" option first however the MXQ did not want to boot from my SD card... "LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.2.5"
    Had the same SD (boot) issue with the Cubietruck. I solved that one with a different SD card..... but did not have another one.
    Problem MicroSD card was a 2GB Kingston.

I reinstalled the Kingston SD card with the NAND image....
    With MXQ I used the toothpick method assuming I would go into boot mode, however the device instantly flashed the MXQ.
    I could not use the original remote now and needed a USB mouse to navigate me through the installation.

I removed the SD card from the MXQ and rebooted. As a result Kodi came to live .

CEC with the LG TV works.
    Only thing that does not work is the IR-REMOTE.
    I added a separate USB IR REMOTE (MCE) in the USB port.

Unfortunately those remotes don't work now. I'm looking for the possibilitie to have 2 remotes working (1x CEC, 1x MCE via Harmony One)
    I've searched the forum and tried moving the lircd.conf.rpi keymap to the config directory. Maybe I'm still missing some files somewhere.

LIRCD is running.

IR USB Device is detected

Code
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0bda:8179 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8188EUS 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1a40:0101 Terminus Technology Inc. Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 003: ID 1934:5168 Feature Integration Technology Inc. (Fintek) F71610A or F71612A Consumer Infrared Receiver/Transceiver
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

The dmesg gives me the following. And yes the Logitech Keyboard is also working fine .

Code
    MXQ:# ls /sys/class/rc
    rc0

Code
    MXQ:/etc/lirc # dmesg | grep "rc0"
    [    8.117520@1] input: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (1934:5168) as /devices/lm0/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/rc/rc0/input2
    [    8.117819@1] rc rc0: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (1934:5168) as /devices/lm0/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/rc/rc0
    [    8.170703@2] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver ir-lirc-codec (mceusb) registered at minor = 0
    [35012.928808@3] input: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (1934:5168) as /devices/lm0/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/rc/rc0/input4
    [35012.931063@3] rc rc0: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (1934:5168) as /devices/lm0/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/rc/rc0
    [35012.931358@0] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver ir-lirc-codec (mceusb) registered at minor = 0

So I assume I am missing a specific Keymap somewhere.

Code
    MXQ:~/.config/modprobe.d # ir-keytable
    Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event2) with:
            Driver mceusb, table rc-rc6-mce
            Supported protocols: unknown other lirc rc-5 jvc sony nec sanyo mce-kbd rc-6 sharp xmp
            Enabled protocols: lirc nec rc-6
            Name: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared
            bus: 3, vendor/product: 1934:5168, version: 0x0001
            Repeat delay = 1000 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

Any help would be appreciated as I really would like to use the IR remote as a backup because all keys are mapped correctly on that device.

tnx,

sincze

Edited once, last by sincze (August 28, 2016 at 10:17 AM).

• Hi, I solved only one piece of the non working remote puzzle via: LibreELEC

Q: My remote control does not work, what can I do?
    A: Try both MXQ and HD18Q releases. If this doesn't work, grab remote.conf file from Android firmware (it's available in /system/etc) and copy it to Configuration folder: /storage/.config over SSH or \\your_box_IP\Configuration using Windows shares. You may need to remap some buttons, though.

I downloaded the firmware of my box via: MXQ "All Black" S805 Versions / HD18q / and Clones Directory - FreakTab.com.

Extracted the remote.conf and placed it in the corresponding directory.
    /storage/.config.

At least that gave me back the original remote control functionality.
    However as the box is inside a drawer IR has no use to me.

I would like to use my MCE IR remote (via Harmony) that is attached via USB and the receiver is located near the TV. Any possibility to activate that IR remote as well??

• I would like to use my MCE IR remote (via Harmony) that is attached via USB and the receiver is located near the TV. Any possibility to activate that IR remote as well??

I will reply only to let you know that I am not familiar with that kind of receivers and have no idea what's needed to make it work - apart from a driver maybe?

I hope someone else could help you here.

• I will reply only to let you know that I am not familiar with that kind of receivers and have no idea what's needed to make it work - apart from a driver maybe?

I hope someone else could help you here.

Tnx. No worries. I will figure it out eventually .
    I would first like to thank you for all your hard work an responses to the people on the forum
    Just to pick your brains a little bit more:

I already found "

"

According to my info I am moving in the right direction:

Code
    grep '^N:' /proc/bus/input/devices

N: Name="Logitech Unifying Device. Wireless PID:4024"
    N: Name="aml_keypad"
    N: [b]Name="Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (1934:5168)"[/b]

Indicating the device is recognized so driver should be okay.

Code
    MXQ:~/.config # ir-keytable
    Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event2) with:
            Driver mceusb, table rc-rc6-mce
            Supported protocols: unknown other lirc rc-5 jvc sony nec sanyo mce-kbd rc-6 sharp xmp
            Enabled protocols: lirc nec rc-6
            Name: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared
            bus: 3, vendor/product: [b]1934:5168[/b], version: 0x0001
            Repeat delay = 1000 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

ir-keytable indicates it is seing the device as rc0.

Code
    dmesg

[    8.792895@1] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 232
    [    8.822078@0] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver ir-lirc-codec (mceusb) registered at minor = 0
    [    9.860885@3] input: lircd as /devices/virtual/input/input3

It could be that the internal IR receiver is causing problems. Any idea how I can disable that one??

Something like what is described here: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=20415&p=145618#p145582
    Create a blacklist-meson-ir_set-gpio-ir-nr.conf for blacklisting meson-ir as well as defining the now used GPIO-number in directory .config/modprobe.d/

That is the only think I can think of . The IR receiver is working fine on a windows machine.

The only negative I could find about a certain HP receiver can be read here: but it is a chromebox not a LE AMLOGIC S805 .
    Chromebox - Official Kodi Wiki

After replugging the device into the MXQ:

Code
    1228.080551@0] usb 2-1: Product: eHome Infrared Transceiver
    [ 1228.080602@0] usb 2-1: Manufacturer: FINTEK
    [ 1228.080651@0] usb 2-1: SerialNumber: 88636562727801
    [ 1228.090628@3] Registered IR keymap rc-rc6-mce
    [ 1228.100673@3] input: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (1934:5168) as /devices/lm0/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/rc/rc0/input4
    [ 1228.103850@3] rc rc0: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (1934:5168) as /devices/lm0/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/rc/rc0
    [ 1228.107859@3] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver ir-lirc-codec (mceusb) registered at minor = 0
    [ 1228.287262@2] mceusb 2-1:1.0: Registered FINTEK eHome Infrared Transceiver with mce emulator interface version 2
    [ 1228.287308@2] mceusb 2-1:1.0: 0 tx ports (0x0 cabled) and 2 rx sensors (0x1 active)
    [ 1228.611871@2] input: lircd as /devices/virtual/input/input5

Edited once, last by sincze (August 29, 2016 at 9:35 PM).

• CEC HAS TO be disabled for any IR remote to work in XBMC (Kodi).

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. My Harmony remotes are IR and work perfectly well with CEC enabled or not.

Unless your statement is that CEC HAS TO be disabled for any external IR receiver to work

Edited once, last by Poida (August 30, 2016 at 12:54 AM).

• I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. My Harmony remotes are IR and work perfectly well with CEC enabled or not.

Unless your statement is that CEC HAS TO be disabled for any external IR receiver to work

Haha yes, you got a point there.
    I just quoted something I found on the web hence the " ...".
    At the moment I have to agree with you CEC and Internal IR remote are working simultaniously.

As the box is in a drawer the internal IR is no use to me so that is why I want to use an external IR receiver.
    It seemd ir-keytables is recognizing the external IR receiver already, however still no communications within KODI.
    If I try "irrecord" command I receive garbage characters, so at least it does see something. Now let's find out where it goes wrong and update the WIKI for other users.