Backup and Restore

• Hello,

I am trying to backup my LibreElec configuration using a built in feature. I can successfully create a backup file (.tar) and even restore it on the same device. What I am trying to accomplish is to restore the backup on another device, same type. The restore process looks like it goes through without errors but on reboot I am stuck with the same configuration as before the restore process. I have 50 KI plus and I would like to copy my configuration with Add-ons on all of them.

Firmware: LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-KI_Plus-7.0.2.005.

Any ideas?
    I do have ssh access I've also extracted everything on /storage but the result was near the same. Any insights on how the backup process is working?

Thank you.

• It's possible there were bugs in the original backup/restore process in 7.x, which is what you are seeing.

I would suggest upgrading your systems to 7.90.007, creating a new backup, then restoring this backup to your other 7.90.007 clients - this should work, but does of course mean moving your clients to an Alpha release (based on Kodi 17 beta 3).

• Thank you for your explanation. I suspected it is bug yes. But I am also not comfortable to go with Kodi 17 Alpha. I made some research and done it in an old fashion and dirty way. So for future reference and if there is really no other way to do it, you can do it this way:

1. tar the whole /storage dir to a /tmp folder. Copy with scp or samba out of the box
    2. Copy the archive back to a new box, I used /tmp
    3. Stop Kodi: systemctl stop kodi
    4. Remove hidden and non hidden files from /storage
    5. Restore from the archive to /storage
    6. Reboot

That's all.
    I suspect the bug is somewhere around step 3. If I copy without stopping kodi.bin then I get the same result as restoring from backup.

• Thank you very much, sir!
    ;)