Switching from raspi 2 to raspi 3

• Hi There,

I just got my new raspberry pi 3. And wanted to make the swith from my model 2. In the past I could just move my - then openelec - xd card from my first pi tot my pi 2.

Now I don't get past the rainbow colored screen. I searched for a solution, but can't find it.

The pi itself works. It runs raspian.

I do have a back-up, make it every night. So I could install it again and try to use the back-ups I made. But I hope there is a way to get my old xd-card working.

thx. Martin

• Official Post

It sounds like you're running a kernel that doesn't support the RPi3.

I would try installing LE onto a new SD card and then restore your backup (I assume it's just a /storage backup from either LE or the addon backup and not a full SD card image). If the latter, do a LE backup from within Kodi, reflash a new SD card, and then restore that backup.)

• Alright. Thanks for the quick response. That must be it. Am in the proces of restoring the backup now. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    [hr]
    Okay. Everything works as it should. I started with a fresh install, restored the back-up. I'm back in bussiness. It's faster than ever.

Problem Solved.

I can now move my Pi2 to use as Printserver & pihole. And make a magic mirror with my pi1.

Thanks a lot! And have a nice weekend!

Edited once, last by elegantchaos (April 1, 2017 at 6:10 PM).