• Current setup:
    HDHomeRun Extend OTA tuner North America
    =========================
    KODI machines:
    NVIDIA Shield, Win 7 Laptop, Raspberry Pi3 [LibreElec]
    All running PVR WMC Clients [these all work fine]
    CANNOT run using TVHeadend HTSP clients and TVHeadend 4.0 backend
    ====================================
    PVR: [only 1 in use at a time and of course I switched the PVR clients to match each server configuration]
    Win 7 Laptop ServerWMC
    or
    Raspberry Pi 3 LibreElec running TVHeadend 4.0 [set up using Ronnie Bailey's excellent video to the letter by pausing at each step to assure I followed his exact steps]
    ===========================================================

Ok, so I failed with my first attempt using LibreElec's included TVHeadend/backend to run as everything was so pixelated and freezing as to be unusable.

So I just kept all the other LibreElec features running and used this Raspberry Pi for my bedroom TV/Kodi usage and PVR WMC Client addon.

I purchased a 2nd Raspberry Pi 3 to be used for just a TVHeadend Backend server using LibreElec but once again just the excessive pixelated live TV & recorded shows. Nothing else was added to his RPi. [I did not even add any EPG linkage [wish Ronnie would do a video on this] so obviously what ever did not work in the original KODI/TVHeadend configuration still does not work with a bare bones RP3/LibreElec/TVheadend/backend.

Now my Win 7 ServerWMC/WMC works fine with the same tuner and no pixel/freeze problems so I don't believe it is my antenna/tuner setup UNLESS somehow ServerWMC does a better job of tolerating bad signals [digital should be digital no matter what] but I don't want to keep my laptop on 24/7. :huh:

At this point I don't know where to turn.

• have you also tried 4.2 ?

Yes I did try 4.2 but was never able to assign the tuner to the network and so many screens/tabs were so different from the various instructions I found on the web I gave up and switched to 4.0. As I recall, there was no listing of MUXes in the drop down box to select the North America center frequencies.

If there is a good step by step set of instructions that actually match 4.2 I'd be happy to try it again.

• I'm also running ATSC TVHeadend/backend 4.0 on Pi2 and everything is pixelated and freezing with continuous continuity counter errors. My HDHomeRun Extend reports 100% signal .

• I'm also running ATSC TVHeadend/backend 4.0 on Pi2 and everything is pixelated and freezing with continuous continuity counter errors. My HDHomeRun Extend reports 100% signal .

Sorry to hear you are having the same experience. Hopefully somebody has been there, done that, and knows how to fix it.

It seems to be a great package assuming it can be made to work.

• Yes I did try 4.2 but was never able to assign the tuner to the network and so many screens/tabs were so different from the various instructions I found on the web I gave up and switched to 4.0. As I recall, there was no listing of MUXes in the drop down box to select the North America center frequencies.

If there is a good step by step set of instructions that actually match 4.2 I'd be happy to try it again.

On assigning the tuner - first you need to choose network type for the hdhomerun from here:

Once you have done that you can then add the network to each individual tuner.

Fwiw in general I have found RPi not great with tvheadend - my Chromebox works well, as does my weak ass DS213j synology NAS

Edited once, last by Tredman (October 16, 2016 at 6:36 PM).

• Tredman, thanks for the reply but that is exactly where my system broke from the step by step. The screens you have shown do appear and I can select ATSC after that, nothing seemed to follow what steps I had seen on the web. I was never able to select the MUXs.

I may just surrender and go with a Channel Master unit to do the recording.

• Tredman, thanks for the reply but that is exactly where my system broke from the step by step. The screens you have shown do appear and I can select ATSC after that, nothing seemed to follow what steps I had seen on the web. I was never able to select the MUXs.

I may just surrender and go with a Channel Master unit to do the recording.

4.2 is not very well documented (as is tvheadend in general tbf), but the wizard on first run usually guides you through adding a network and then pre-populating the MUX. If this doesn't work I would recommend asking on the tvheadend forums.