imx6 upgrade from openelec 6.95 => No signal

• hi, had same issue, no matter how i install it.
    there is only one solution.
    when setup first boot, or upgrading, you must go to system, then video and untick
    the option there named "Update available resolutions on display device changes". just turn it off.
    if you don't see it maybe you should move to expert mode.

vpeter, is it possible to turn it off by default? i know it is kodi + kernel issue, and not LE issue.
    many issues will be resolved by this step.

Edited once, last by danielk (April 26, 2016 at 7:17 PM).

• how do you do that if you have no signal? I can't see anything on the screen... or do you suggest do it before update?

Edited once, last by lpuerto (April 26, 2016 at 10:00 PM).

• how do you do that if you have no signal? I can't see anything on the screen... or do you suggest do it before update?

Yes, before update it's a good idea.
    Usualy i got this problem after the first boot. Also it's better to switch to 1980X1080 resolution in the beginning.

edit:
    if you don't get screen, try to unplug and plug it again.
    i'll upload lately my guisettings.xml. maybe it'll help you or another user.

Edited once, last by danielk (April 27, 2016 at 6:12 AM).

• Yes, before update it's a good idea.
    Usualy i got this problem after the first boot. Also it's better to switch to 1980X1080 resolution in the beginning.

edit:
    if you don't get screen, try to unplug and plug it again.
    i'll upload lately my guisettings.xml. maybe it'll help you or another user.

Yes please, share your guiesettings.xml... we can use it as reference.

Thanks!

• ok, didn't tested yet the vpeter image.
    but i notice that lately, everytime i reboot my cubox, i have to do it 2-3 times until it's boot fine.
    here is the crash log founded in the temp directoty.

kodi crash - Pastebin.com

and this is the kidi.log. hope it's help

15:30:14 21.847853 T:1962094592 NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: speci - Pastebin.com

this is my guisettings.xml
    <settings> <accessibility> <audiohearing default="true">false</aud - Pastebin.com

but i notice that lately, everytime i reboot my cubox, i have to do it 2-3 times until it's boot fine.

15:30:14 21.847853 T:1962094592 NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: speci - Pastebin.com

<settings> <accessibility> <audiohearing default="true">false</aud - Pastebin.com

Thanks for the heads up!

• To resolve issue with no signal some logs are required from ssh console

Code
    dmesg | pastebinit
    pastebinit /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

If ssh not enabled yet it must be enabled with uEnv.txt file on first partition.
    It is visible on Windows or mounted on Linux.
    Current line

Code
    mmcargs=setenv bootargs 'boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32 dmfc=3 consoleblank=0'

add ssh to it

Code
    mmcargs=setenv bootargs 'ssh boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32 dmfc=3 consoleblank=0'

After reboot ssh should work.

• Vpeter, something off topic that maybe will help us. I tried the very early beta posted in solid run forum. I think the kernel is the same here, but it booted with no problem and no issue. I'm talking about kodi 17...so maybe if no solution will be found,it will be better to focus on next kodi release? Just a thought...

Sent from my SM-E500F using Tapatalk
    [hr]
    i deleted my prev post by mistake.
    tested your image vpeter. same issue. on boot, the screen "dance" until i go to
    settings and change the resolution to 1280X720 or 1980X1080.
    i tried each resolution and booted the cubox. each time it booted well.

do you need some other logs or xmls? tell me what you need and i'll upload it here.
    [hr]

To resolve issue with no signal some logs are required from ssh console

Code
    dmesg | pastebinit
    pastebinit /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

If ssh not enabled yet it must be enabled with uEnv.txt file on first partition.
    It is visible on Windows or mounted on Linux.
    Current line

Code
    mmcargs=setenv bootargs 'boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32 dmfc=3 consoleblank=0'

add ssh to it

Code
    mmcargs=setenv bootargs 'ssh boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32 dmfc=3 consoleblank=0'

After reboot ssh should work.

this is my first time trying it...
    crash log
    ZVSU

kodi log
    YVMM

hope it helps

Edited once, last by danielk (April 27, 2016 at 5:38 PM).

I have the same issue - no picture after installation and reboot. I tried updating existing OpenELEC and installing a new image to the SD card. Both give the same result.

The only way I can get LibreELEC 7.0.2 to work is to install it on USB stick, use the existing OpenELEC installation and modify uEnv.txt to point to the USB stick to boot. Then LibreELEC can boot and I have no problems at all.

I am running Cubox-i4x4 with LibreELEC 7.0.2 image for imx6. I tried copying the guisettings.xml from the working LibreELEC on USB but that did not work. I also tried modifying the guisettings.xml manually and it also did not work - it just gets overwritten after reboot.

In the Kodi crash log it is the same log as danielk except where it says "EGL error in CreateSurface: 300b" in my log it says "3003" instead of "300b". Everything else is the same - error happens right after "Checking resolution" which is right after the list of found resolutions.

Why does LibreELEC 7.0.2 work on USB stick on Cubox with OpenELEC running first to allow to boot to USB vs directly booting from SD card? If someone can answer this question then this problem can be fixed.