CPU stuck at 800Mhz?

• Official Post

Will do.

But if I remember correctly this issue has been present for years.

Thanks. I have seen a lot of people here in the forum, who run Intel NUC's without issues. That's why I'm curious about your one. The 9.1.x development is mainly targeted on RPi4B, which currently has heat issues. Maybe devs play around with CPU frequencies at the moment, so I suggest 9.0.2.

• I have two old Intel i5 NUCs

Model: DC53427HYE (2013)

CPU: i5-3427U (base 1.80 GHz, Max Turbo 2.80 GHz)

With Libreelec 9.1.002 ALPHA, here are the readings I get in System Info / Hardware information:

CPU Temp: 120° F

CPU Speed: 798 MHz (most of the time) - over a 10 minute period I watched it go from 798 MHz up to 2186 MHz for only a few seconds.

I run CPU-Z on my Win 10 Desktop and I don't know if there is an similar addon for Kodi which gives accurate hardware readings.

Does LE even have the ability to throttle the CPU Speed lower than base ?

Edited 2 times, last by blueribb (July 28, 2019 at 11:24 PM).

• CPU Speed: 798 MHz (most of the time) - over a 10 minute period I watched it go from 798 MHz up to 2186 MHz for only a few seconds.

It looks like your system runs fine at ~800MHz, so I think that's the preferred state for LE. It supports my other advice to have a look at the UEFI display settings (HDMI / VGA). If LE has to feed two displays, then ~800MHz could be short.

• I don't think anything is wrong. It probably just idles at 800 MHz and scales up to whatever is needed. SirMacke said it's "stuck" on 800 though. He should run an HD video and check the CPU speed at the same time.

• I don't think anything is wrong. It probably just idles at 800 MHz and scales up to whatever is needed. SirMacke said it's "stuck" on 800 though. He should run an HD video and check the CPU speed at the same time.

Ot is always on 800. Mkv, youtube, netflix. Cores at 100% and still only 800.