trying to understand the package.mk template

• i think i have it mostly figured out, and trying to make a package for "DevilutionX" but. how do i define a location to extract the source archive, have it make a build directory , change to the build director then tell cmake to grab from the previous directory (source folder) then pas this Make Arg. ? "make -j$(nproc)" (sorry im just new to things and slowly learning. )

• i havent put in the SHA256(havent calculated it) and im not certain if cmake/g++ need to be added to the package (as its a compile dependency not a execution dependency)

• For a start change PKG_URL and add PKG_SOURCE_DIR.

Code
    1. PKG_URL="https://github.com/diasurgical/devilutionX/archive/${PKG_VERSION}.zip"
    2. PKG_SOURCE_DIR="devilutionX-${PKG_VERSION}"

Support my work with small (or big) Paypal donation

Amlogic devices works better with CoreELEC

Blu-ray Disc Java menus support - forum thread, Github

my lamp addon (unofficial/community with limited support)
    my touchscreen support and instructions by Grruhn (now touchscreen addon exists in repository)

• no idea if this builds, just that you have the basic layout

PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi2 ARCH=arm scripts/build_mt DevilutionX

should build it

and pls use the code tag if you post some snippet or it gets butchered :)

• under linux instructions i has this small requirement
    GitHub - diasurgical/devilutionX: Diablo build for modern operating systems

Code
    1. mkdir build
    2. cd build
    3. cmake ..
    4. make -j$(nproc)

thats the last thing im hung on how to set in the template ohh and the -DBINARY_RELEASE=ON this tells it to make teh release binary as by default it builds the Debug version requiring ASam

• Did you tried package above? Because most build things are done automatically and user doesn't need to cover it.

Support my work with small (or big) Paypal donation

Amlogic devices works better with CoreELEC

Blu-ray Disc Java menus support - forum thread, Github

my lamp addon (unofficial/community with limited support)
    my touchscreen support and instructions by Grruhn (now touchscreen addon exists in repository)

• Did you tried package above? Because most build things are done automatically and user doesn't need to cover it.

it failed at needing libsodium-dev hmmm :/ now its now a matter of i guess adding this in before continuing. (soled that matter)

-snip- seems despite passing the correct make arg im guessing its breaking when compiling in the source root directory (hence why in the github readme they tell you to use a build folder)

Edited 2 times, last by Cael ().