trying to understand the package.mk template

• i think i have it mostly figured out, and trying to make a package for "DevilutionX" but. how do i define a location to extract the source archive, have it make a build directory , change to the build director then tell cmake to grab from the previous directory (source folder) then pas this Make Arg. ? "make -j$(nproc)" (sorry im just new to things and slowly learning. )

• i havent put in the SHA256(havent calculated it) and im not certain if cmake/g++ need to be added to the package (as its a compile dependency not a execution dependency)

• For a start change PKG_URL and add PKG_SOURCE_DIR.

Code
    PKG_URL="https://github.com/diasurgical/devilutionX/archive/${PKG_VERSION}.zip"
    PKG_SOURCE_DIR="devilutionX-${PKG_VERSION}"
  • no idea if this builds, just that you have the basic layout

PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi2 ARCH=arm scripts/build_mt DevilutionX

should build it

and pls use the code tag if you post some snippet or it gets butchered :)

• no idea if this builds, just that you have the basic layout

PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi2 ARCH=arm scripts/build_mt DevilutionX

should build it

and pls use the code tag if you post some snippet or it gets butchered :)

under linux instructions i has this small requirement
    GitHub - diasurgical/devilutionX: Diablo build for modern operating systems

Code
    mkdir build
    cd build
    cmake ..
    make -j$(nproc)

thats the last thing im hung on how to set in the template ohh and the -DBINARY_RELEASE=ON this tells it to make teh release binary as by default it builds the Debug version requiring ASam

• Did you tried package above? Because most build things are done automatically and user doesn't need to cover it.

it failed at needing libsodium-dev hmmm :/ now its now a matter of i guess adding this in before continuing. (soled that matter)

-snip- seems despite passing the correct make arg im guessing its breaking when compiling in the source root directory (hence why in the github readme they tell you to use a build folder)

Edited 2 times, last by Cael (July 26, 2019 at 1:03 AM).