RPi - do people still use SD and USB?

• With current RPi and Libreelec setups do most people just use the SD for boot/system/storage - or is still recommend to also include a USB key to put storage on?

I remember years ago it was recommended to use a USB so the system on the SD could be blown away easily without impacting the environment (I think that was the story)

But now with larger, faster SD cards I was about to rebuild a RPi and was probably going to get rid of the USB key.

What's the current recommendations with SD and USB keys?

(My video files are on a network share)

Thanks.

• I'd recommend getting a good quality "A1" rated SD card. I'm using the Sandisk Extreme 32GB A1 here on various RPis (1-4) and they perform really well.

Having just a SD card makes the setup a lot simpler.

so long,

Hias

• Up till now I always use a card and thumb drive just because the older cards corrupted more easily than thumb drives.

I was hoping to do the same with the new pi 4b and run Kodi from a fast usb3.

But it I haven't gotten it to work yet.

• With current RPi and Libreelec setups do most people just use the SD for boot/system/storage - or is still recommend to also include a USB key to put storage on?

Define 'storage'?

I'll be damned if my media files are on SD (what!) however my copy of Kodi / LibreElec is obviously on SDCard to boot.

My media is on my NAS on the network.