Version of LibreELEC for RK3328 TV Box?

• Hi all,

I am new to LE OS and I want to install it on a chinese tv box, Beelink A1 model

Specs for the box are:

Processor: RK3328

CPU type: Quad Core ARM Cortex-A53

GPU: Mali-450MP2

RAM: 4G RAM DDR3

ROM: 16G

I don't know what version of LE to download. The versions I found are:

Early mainline images for RK3288, RK3328 and RK3399

Rockchip – LibreELEC (Generic Rockchip Box - LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.1.001-box.img.gz)

Are there any stable releases for this type of android box/CPU?
    What version of LE should I install?

Thank you!

• No support for that Beelink device.

But you can try all the images, maybe one will boot but wifi, bluetooth and ethernet will most likely not work.

The device was also discontinued by them 3 months after release, so you also won't get any Android updates.

TICTID, MVR9, ROC CC, Rock64 RK3328 are the only ones with mainline LE support.

• The 9.1.001 image would be preferable as it is very stable using kernel v4,4.

There are 2 main issues I have found. The first is getting the correct dtb. These images are designed for SBCs like Firefly or Rock64 etc and not for the cheap Chinese boxes. The second is booting from SD card - I have 2 RK3328 boxes - MX10 and MX10 PRO. The first one works, but the second will not boot from LE from SD card at all. I think the vendors have locked down the boot procedure on that one.

Still if you install to an SD card and boot, you cannot do any harm to your box - either it will boot or it won't - android will be untouched. I will upload the dtb that works for me (it's actually a dtb for an a5x box but it boots my MX10 and I must say that I'm very happy with LE on the MX10 - everything plays back great, frame rate switching works etc). You will probably find that onboard wifi will not work, but I use a cheap USB wifi adapter by realtek and it works. Don't know about ethernet as I never use it.

Try booting with the default dtb from the image you have downloaded - if it does not boot I have attached the one I use. Once you unzip it, you can rename it to for example "rk3328-a1.dtb" if you like, but that's not important. The main thing is once you have burned your image to SD card, is to copy this dtb to the root of your SD card and then modify file "extlinux.conf" in folder "extlinux" on the root of your SD card so that the dtb name matches - once you've burned the image all will be clear.

Then insert the SD card and turn the box on (I did not need the toothpick method for the MX10) and it will either boot or not. :)

dtb is here:- rk3328-mx10.zip

• Thanks ukmark62! I recently bought an MX10 and with your dtb it booted the latest LE fine (generic Rockchip box, 9.2 alpha).

I've attached a bash script to create the SD with the img.gz and your dtb, if you're interested.

Now, I have some questions:

• Is it possible to flash the MX10 with LE so that I do not need the SD card?
    • I can use a mouse but cannot use a remote. Is there a way to fix that (perhaps manually editing configuration files)?
    • Is it possible to flash the MX10 with LE so that I do not need the SD card

do exactly as it says here.

there is no need to close anything on the Board, just erase the internal memory of the device, for example, it can be done through AndroidTool

Well, you need a computer with Linux