Common DVB-T DVB-S dvb-c topic

• For better knowledgebase and separation I make this topic firstly about dvb drivers for KI Plus and KII Pro from videostrong, but here can posting everything about other dvb hardware.
    The V4L dvb drivers already integrated by Kszaq to the common libreelec 7.0.2, so if someone has Amlogic S905 device, can connect many dvb-t,dvb-s,dvb-c USB hardware.
    Supported hardware:
    Hardware device information - LinuxTVWiki

• LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-KI_Plus-7.0.2.004.img - SDcard version update of alex's 7.0.2.003 with the latest fixies:
    - Multichannel PCM;
    - fix for aspect ratio SD and HD-lite;
    - multiboot support;
    - wifi driver for AP6335 (KII Pro);

It should be possible run on KII Pro, it is necessary replace dtb.img with k2pro.dtb (I never tested it, pls let me know).

Great news :)
    I try it today on my Ki Plus.
    Maybe can you implement the new CEC support too?

Edit: I tried, Multichannel ok, aspect ratio ok, dvb device i see at tvheaadend panel.

What i miss from this build:
    No configurable cec, what is in kszaq build is. (Kszaq's buold at peripherials you can set cec settings, here not. And the CEC is unstable /at Alex's build too/)
    No additional DVB device support. Kszaq build has support for many 3rd party usb dvb-t stick, and dvb-s tuner. This build support only dvb device builted in.

Thanks For your work :) Zhis box time to time always goes better.
    Is any chance the missed features port inside this build?

Edited once, last by envagyok (October 3, 2016 at 11:58 AM).

• No problem. Send me fix for new CEC support.

You should ask from Kszaq the new CEC driver, and the 3rd party DVB-T/DVB-S drivers.

He has implemented it own version:
    "Raybuntu's libCEC driver with aml_autoscript hack to make it work with older device trees
    DVB and other media drivers from Linux backports - included drivers from 4.4.2 kernel (7.0.2.002 and up)"

Edited once, last by envagyok (October 3, 2016 at 12:02 PM).

• You should ask from Kszaq the new CEC driver, and the 3rd party DVB-T/DVB-S drivers.

He has implemented it own version:
    "Raybuntu's libCEC driver with aml_autoscript hack to make it work with older device trees
    DVB and other media drivers from Linux backports - included drivers from 4.4.2 kernel (7.0.2.002 and up)"

I will try it on my KII pro, thanks afl1....for your great works

• It should be possible run on KII Pro, it is necessary replace dtb.img with k2pro.dtb (I never tested it, pls let me know).

Hi afl1, i test in my KII Pro combo, but if use you K2pro.dtb ( i rename it when replace in SD card) box stuck on boot logo. If use stock dtb.img boot from sdcard and load libreelec image. So, may be is something wrong in k2pro.dtb
    Thanks and regards for good work!

• Hi afl1, i test in my KII Pro combo, but if use you K2pro.dtb ( i rename it when replace in SD card) box stuck on boot logo. If use stock dtb.img boot from sdcard and load libreelec image. So, may be is something wrong in k2pro.dtb

hi kokovi4, means no need to replace k2pro.dtb, just use the stock firmware from afl1. is my right?

• Hi afl1, i test in my KII Pro combo, but if use you K2pro.dtb ( i rename it when replace in SD card) box stuck on boot logo. If use stock dtb.img boot from sdcard and load libreelec image. So, may be is something wrong in k2pro.dtb

Ok, I will compare stock dtb's and try to create new KII Pro version.

• If I use your dtb in my KII Pro, either stock or k2pro.dtb - I get stuck on the amlogic logo. If I remove the dtb file, it will boot to LE, but wifi doesn't work. (See the dmesg excerpt below)

Any thoughts on how to address this? I was thinking of copying the BCM4335 firmware, nvram and config files to the /system/etc/firmware/ path - but is there even a /system path in LE??

As an FYI, my KII Pro is a custom build for testing dual internal ATSC tuners - so I will have to do some work to get the dual tuners to show up...but is the ATSC hardware part of your build? Should be using similar hardware to what was in the KI Plus ATSC version.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Edited once, last by edit4ever (October 3, 2016 at 3:58 PM).

• LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-KI_Plus-7.0.2.004.img - SDcard version update of alex's KI Plus 7.0.2.003 with the latest fixies:
    - Multichannel PCM;
    - fix for aspect ratio SD and HD-lite;
    - multiboot support;
    - wifi driver for AP6335 (KII Pro);

It should be possible run on KII Pro, it is necessary replace dtb.img with k2pro.dtb(I never tested it, pls let me know).

I try on SDCard of KII Pro, (stock dtb.img and k2pro.dtb). Box stuck on boot logo.

Thanks afl1
    [hr]

New version of k2pro.dtb. I built it from sources, comparing differences between k1plus and k2pro.

thanks for your grat work

Edited once, last by qashaf (October 3, 2016 at 6:33 PM).

• If I use your dtb in my KII Pro, either stock or k2pro.dtb - I get stuck on the amlogic logo. If I remove the dtb file, it will boot to LE, but wifi doesn't work. (See the dmesg excerpt below)

Any thoughts on how to address this? I was thinking of copying the BCM4335 firmware, nvram and config files to the /system/etc/firmware/ path - but is there even a /system path in LE??

As an FYI, my KII Pro is a custom build for testing dual internal ATSC tuners - so I will have to do some work to get the dual tuners to show up...but is the ATSC hardware part of your build? Should be using similar hardware to what was in the KI Plus ATSC version.

In kernel is no support for ATSC:

I am using alex kernel from LE 7.0.2.003. Sources for K1 Plus dbv_tv modules are not public.

Edited once, last by afl1 (October 3, 2016 at 6:40 PM).

• New version of k2pro.dtb. I built it from sources, comparing differences between k1plus and k2pro.

I test wih new k2pro.dtb on sdcard, box run on sdcard but blackscreen after bootlogo.
    thanks
    [hr]

I test wih new k2pro.dtb on sdcard, box run on sdcard but blackscreen after bootlogo.
    thanks

Test again, its working....KII PRO run librelec on sdcard......thanks for great works. Using USB, blackscreen.
    [hr]

thanks
    [hr]

Test again, its working....KII PRO run librelec on sdcard......thanks for great works. Using USB, blackscreen.

Hi afl1, wifi not working. thanks

Edited once, last by qashaf (October 3, 2016 at 6:58 PM).

I had the same problem in old kernel with KIII tv box with same wifi module Ampack 6335. DHD module wasn't able select correct fw. I fixed if with fixed configuration. Instead of nvram.txt I used nvram_bcm4335.txt and fw_bcm4335b0_ag.bin and it works. In new kernel (since 7.0.2.005) this issue disappears. I will implement it in new build.

• afl1 thanks for new dtb. There is full dmesg with latest k2pro.dtb. Internal tuner worked, wifi not work. Also picture in 3840x2160P@24 is moved around 5 sm left from center. when try refresh rate 25 is OK.

Edited once, last by kokovi4 (October 3, 2016 at 8:00 PM).