My Libreelec is not capable of Dolby Digital Plus DD+ passthrough on Raspberry! Help

• Audio is working, so no idea what you mean by DD+ default values...

I didn't said that. I was talking about "suggested default values", which of course refers to my statement before (posting #28).
    Do you mean, DD+ is working on Netflix now, and my suggestion of posting #28 was successful?

mglae:

Yes, I was interested in that E-AC-3 setting line too, because DD+ actually is E-AC-3. I figured out that a reboot will always set this value back to "false", if one tries to edit it. So, my conclusion is that we are not talking about DD+/E-AC-3 pass-through here, because other RPi users got it working.

Flexin' vinyl, jammin' break beats. 8)

Edited once, last by Da Flex ().

• Da Flex,

no I don't have DD+ with the suggested settings. Neither on Netflix nor anywhere else. I have answered your post in #29 and also noggin did and it works that way.

If you disable passthrough you will get by Kodi decoded PCM sound. It is a possibility to get sound working, but not they way I want it.

Also you are wrong with the eac3 setting, which is of course DD+ and a visible setting in the audio section and the only switch to deal with if you want to handle DD+. It won't get disabled after reboot. And it is disabled in my settings because I did so. And I did so because

"My Libreelec is not capable of Dolby Digital Plus DD+ passthrough on Raspberry"

LibreELEC (Leia) on Raspberry Pi 4B

• sure

• Also you are wrong with the eac3 setting, which is of course DD+ and a visible setting in the audio section and the only switch to deal with if you want to handle DD+.

1. Set your skin to default, and DD+ is not visible as a pass-through setting. It's invisible for a reason.
    2. Check the real values of guisettings.xml (cat command).
    3. Copy a guisettings.xml from someone who got DD+ working.

Flexin' vinyl, jammin' break beats. 8)

• Maybe just get a spare SD card and do a fresh install. It will save a lot of time and if you were so inclined you could even try some older versions of LE to see if you are experiencing a regression.

I will post my guisettings.xml if it helps.

• Sure, I will post it shortly.

I notice in your settings above that you have the close-tag <defaultaudiosettings /> but I cannot see a correspoding start-tag. (line 358)
    I don't know if it is in any way relevant.

• I notice in your settings above that you have the close-tag <defaultaudiosettings /> but I cannot see a correspoding start-tag. (line 358)

I don't know if it is in any way relevant.

An element with no content can be a start-tag immediately followed by an end-tag. Called self-closing tags

• Just cloned my Kodi backup over to Raspi4 / LE 9.1 and... there it works.

Without any change of settings.