Tanix TX6

• That would suggest improper HDMI PHY configuration. However, it shouldn't be all that different to Android. However, HDMI driver will certainly get improvements in future.

Thx - at least it's out there in case anybody else comes across this. :)

• we installed quite lots of hdmi cables, mostly long runs, and various hdmi extenders (over RJ45) on board aircrafts. Those were always flaky and reducing the max resolution of the source usually helped a big deal, as this lowers the signal's bandwidth and thus max. frequency. So its not just black and white.

I don't know much about the H6 hdmi phy but back in time there was a lot of talks about cable equalisers and such stuff regarding the equipment we had at that time. So it seems well possible, that in the future some better understanding of the config registers might help with suboptimal cables on H6 and probably others too :)

• Are tanix tx6 and tx6 mini most likely compatible?

Both seem to be based on H6 with DDR3 RAM.

Serms like the mini lacks an external wifi antenna (useless with pcie wifi or rtl wifi) and seems ro be 2GB/16GB only.

I'm about to get a TX6 mini if chances are high that we (rather only jernej i fear, as much as we normal mortals try to help and to hack around, sorry :( ) can get that one to work, or is it much safer getting the 4GB version instead?

• Are tanix tx6 and tx6 mini most likely compatible?

I did a bit of a research regarding H6 STB functionality. From what I can see, exactly the same image can be used on all of them, including TX6 mini. They have only few, small differences which are not important at this stage.

If you can find detailed PCB image and Android image for that box (to extract DT), I can tell you more, but there shouldn't be any surprises.

• I did a bit of a research regarding H6 STB functionality. From what I can see, exactly the same image can be used on all of them, including TX6 mini. They have only few, small differences which are not important at this stage.

If you can find detailed PCB image and Android image for that box (to extract DT), I can tell you more, but there shouldn't be any surprises.

I'm then pretty much ddecided ordering one to extract dtb and taking pics. Will let you know once I triggered the order.

15 to 22 days till delivery...

Edited once, last by lumpi (June 18, 2019 at 10:06 PM).

• Had to cancel as the seller wanted to increase the shipping costs by a factor of 4... Let's see what will be next. First time ever something like this on Aliexpress.

• Does this ROM have multitouch screen support? I've got an unhappy 21" touchscreen that's dying to be touched :)

I'm specifically looking for the /lib/modules/hid-multitouch.ko file

• Apparently there is difference between TX6 and TX6 mini, because can't boot.

I made a pictures of board:

pic1

pic2

If I only can remember how to extract DT from running android .... :)

• Apparently there is difference between TX6 and TX6 mini, because can't boot.

I made a pictures of board:

pic1

pic2

If I only can remember how to extract DT from running android .... :)

Extract zip file here Tanix TX6 H6 Testing.zip and then:-

DD the "u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin" file to your sd card (AFTER) you have flashed the LibreELEC image. This is the modified SPL binary that was needed to get the Tanix TX6 to boot - due to DDR3 RAM. I did this using Oracle VM in Ubuntu 16.04 in a terminal as follows:-

First insert your sd card with the LibreELEC image installed on it.

Then run "sudo fdisk -l" to get the letter assigned to sd card (i.e. b or c etc)

Then run "sudo dd if=u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin of=/dev/sdX bs=1024 seek=8"

where X is the assigned letter (i.e. b or c etc).

Then copy "sun50i-h6-tanix-tx6.dtb" file from the attached zip to the root of your LibreELEC sd card and modify file "extlinux.conf" in folder "extlinux" so that the dtb name matches up and give it a go.

Edited 3 times, last by ukmark62 (June 26, 2019 at 8:27 PM).

• Extract zip file here Tanix TX6 H6 Testing.zip and then

Nope, still can't get there

This is the boot log from android:

Boot Android

• Nope, still can't get there

This is the boot log from android:

Boot Android

jernej had prepared the image on post #87,specifically for Tanix TX6. You could try downloading the image from that post. I don't think you need to re-copy the SPL binary file to the root of sd card.

• Yes, I used exactly the same image.

Also tried to build the u-boot with mailine ATF and sunxi-h6-ddr3 branch of apritzel u-boot.

The resul is the same.