Tanix TX6

• Very pleasant.

Still slow on initial setup but Kodi gui snappy enough. Sound pass though working but TX6 not recognized at all by either Onkyo, Denon or DECware AVR. Plays beautifuly beautifully Samsung TV though and ARC passthrough is more than ok.

I had the TX6 in the dustbin of past mistakes, it's great picture the only redeeming factor. Your work is bringing it too life and at this rate it might become my main TV device.

Thanks

• Thanks, I tried on my TX6 Mini and there are HDMI handshake problem with my Samsung T24D391 Monitor TV. See this video:[link]

I have PC monitor with same issue, but I can't find out the reason why it's doing this. On the other hand, TV works just fine. I certainly work on this in the future...

djnice I'm glad it works well for you.

• Much appreciate your work.

Does this mean we can try the AllWinner 6 images?

Small niggling thing, the Tanix seems unable to read hfs hdd's. I still can't access the eMMC.

• I still can't access the eMMC.

That's what I wrote before, it's a known issue and something I don't really plan to work on now.

Does this mean we can try the AllWinner 6 images?

Not sure what do you mean by that? Tanix TX6 is a H6 image. If you mean nightlies, then no. It will take some time. I have to clean up the code.

Small niggling thing, the Tanix seems unable to read hfs hdd's.

It's not enabled in kernel (yet).

• Tanix TX6 mini - works OK.

IR - OK

Ethernet - OK

WiFi - no ( but I don't need it )

I see no difference from my OPI-PC, except it's snapier and picture quality is better.

Tested only for Live TV with MPEG2 stream.

I don't know if this is important, but the sound volume is lower.

• Nightly images for Tanix TX6 should be available starting tomorrow. This thread will still be used for test builds and discussing Tanix TX6 specific issues.

BTW, I also have possible solution for eMMC.

• I can confirm eMMC works on Tanix TX6 mini, but I don't have a TV with CEC here.

Android gone to trash and new shiny LibreELEC is on eMMC :)

• uhm ...

I saw the changes in git and build an image yesterday ... I could have saved myself ;)

Installed the image from jernej:

CEC - is working, here with a Denon AVR

eMMC - put the image on /dev/mmcblk1, remove sdcard and reboot?

jernej thanks for your work

• eMMC - put the image on /dev/mmcblk1, remove sdcard and reboot?

I believe that eMMC is /dev/mmcblk2, but please double check. BTW, these changes are not in any public git, I'm looking in another issue with Pine64+ and once solution is found, I'll make a PR to official LE git.

• these changes are not in any public git

Yes, I realized this, when I had looked into /dev with my image, build from LibreELEC git repo.

With your image the device shows only these two blocks. So mmcblk0 is the sdcard and mmcblk1 should be the eMMC.

LibreELEC:~ # ls /dev/mmc*

Code
    1. /dev/mmcblk0 /dev/mmcblk1p1 /dev/mmcblk1p15 /dev/mmcblk1p4
    2. /dev/mmcblk0p1 /dev/mmcblk1p10 /dev/mmcblk1p16 /dev/mmcblk1p5
    3. /dev/mmcblk0p2 /dev/mmcblk1p11 /dev/mmcblk1p17 /dev/mmcblk1p6
    4. /dev/mmcblk1 /dev/mmcblk1p12 /dev/mmcblk1p18 /dev/mmcblk1p7
    5. /dev/mmcblk1boot0 /dev/mmcblk1p13 /dev/mmcblk1p2 /dev/mmcblk1p8
    6. /dev/mmcblk1boot1 /dev/mmcblk1p14 /dev/mmcblk1p3 /dev/mmcblk1p9
  • Ah, yes, then eMMC is /dev/mmcblk1. Anyway, let me know if you can boot from eMMC. I already got one confirmation but it's always good to get more :)