Tanix TX6

• Not sure what you mean exactly. U-Boot has search procedure for extlinux.conf stored in environment variables. This is the same for all platforms, not only Allwinner. You can change them at runtime with setenv and store them with saveenv.

Still, having system on USB dongle and having U-Boot on SD card is very inconvenient for the end user.

USB startup support is needed primarily for those who use LE and Armbain from eMMC or on SD card and want to help quickly test new versions, but do not have free SD cards. USB flash drives are much easier to use (you do not need a card reader on your PC to write) and significantly cheaper than SD cards. Many have old USB flash drives that they can easily use to run and test any system (no need to change the SD card in the device, plug in the USB flash drive and test). :)

I think I found where to make patches for u-boot. Now I will test at myself. :)

• Test version (20200108) with support for installing LE in eMMC. :)

Tested on Tanix TX6. Before installing, be sure to make and save a full backup of eMMC (for this purpose, the system has a special item in the LE settings menu). The process of creating a full copy can take up to 20-30 minutes (depending on the SD card and filling eMMC data). After that, you can try running the installation in eMMC. Perhaps the first time you install the system will not be installed completely, you need to re-boot from the SD card and once again run the menu item install in eMMC. After completing the installation procedure, the system should automatically shut down. You need to turn off the power supplies and pull out the SD card. The first time you start the system, you will be asked to perform the initial system setup. Please note, this is the first test version of the installation in eMMC and possible side problems.

• So, all the builds I've been testing for a couple of month won't detect the correct resolution neither connected to the Full-HD display through HDMI-DVI adapter, nor to HD-ready TV directly. 1024x768 max. Is it possible to force 1080p somehow? The issue persists on Armbian as well.

• Hi all, I have a Tanix TX6. I can't boot box from SD.

I prepare a SD with Rufus and I try with Win32 creator also, but I can't boot from SD.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• It's strange, because the box boot every time with Android (even if the sd card is inserted). Is there a way to force boot from SD card?

It seems that micro sd slot doesn't work it doesn't see any sd card! I tried with some micro SD cards. Is there a way to boot box using a USB stick inserted in a USB port?

Edited once, last by skizzetti (June 7, 2020 at 3:11 PM).

• It seems that micro sd slot doesn't work it doesn't see any sd card! I tried with some micro SD cards. Is there a way to boot box using a USB stick inserted in a USB port?

I'm only aware of the phoenixsuit that can boot the box from a pc via usb by cable.

Or if you have a kernel in EMMC or SPI that can boot anything else from usb or wherever.

Usually if Allwinner SOCs are presented with an SD that will always take priority to boot. Can you see a fat formatted SD from Android?

• I'm only aware of the phoenixsuit that can boot the box from a pc via usb by cable.

Or if you have a kernel in EMMC or SPI that can boot anything else from usb or wherever.

Usually if Allwinner SOCs are presented with an SD that will always take priority to boot. Can you see a fat formatted SD from Android?

First of all, Thank you for your answer Lumpi!

Unfortunately I can't see any formatted SD from Android, at this point I think that I have a HW problem with SD reader present on the box