Anyone know how to install "hass.io" ? it says "Please install jq first"

• Official Post

You cannot install using that script because it assumes a conventional distro with package management tools. LE doesn't support that.

If you install the Docker add-on, you can install the HA docker container.

• I feel dumb! Thank you.

I assumed (foolishly!??) that if you have docker on your linux system, any container can work.

How do I install the HA docker container exactly? I have it on my other Pi but that's running Raspbian and I think I used the script above to install it.

• Ok how's this, I'll skip HassIO, I can't even figure out how to get plain HomeAssistant working, it quits with error code 127 (according to Portainer)

docker run --init -d --name="home-assistant" -v /storage/dockerconfig/home-assistant/:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --net=host --restart=unless-stopped homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant

Am I doing something wrong?

• I have plain HA running inside Docker on Libreelec but I've found out that many integrations and subsystems need apt-get and the whole linux stack to be able to install and run stuff, so it seems a bit half-assed to me. I'm looking into running whole raspbian inside Docker and getting stuff done this way but it's either too advanced for me or outright impossible.

• Hello all! I'll up this topic.

I have Libreelec installed to AM1 (x86-64) base, on SSD. It works greate!

I am able to run docker containers. Now it runs Portainer (port:9000).

There are no any problems to run HA Container.

But i've got same problem to run Hass.io install script.

While reading install scrip i understnend, that there are no requests to any impossible thins listed in it.

Two container image are downloaded. Two binary application too.

Service (systemd) is possible to run it (enable and start), relocation needed.

I have some troubles, that i can't understand, and suppose that it need smallest step to get hassio completely working.

Excuse me, for my bad English.