LE automatic update broken

• Hi,

since LibreELEC 9.0.0 the automatic update is broken for me (x86_64). LibreELEC 9.0.1 was not installed automatically for me although it is set to auto in settings. After some days I updated manually to LE 9.0.1 by downloading the image and placing it to .update. Now LE 9.0.2 is out for a while and I still get no automatic updates. When I set updates to manual I can chose the available releases and there is 9.0.2 available. It looks like the automatic updater does not run?!

Is there any service responsible for update checks I could examine? I did not find a proper systemd or cron job that could do this...

Thanks!

Best

• Official Post

Update is part of the libreelec settings add-on, and judging by the bump in users for the latest version that takes place when we enable a release for auto-update the system generally works fine - but you may run into some local issues. Our userbase keeps getting larger and we've noticed the response times for the JSON file that provides available files info are getting slower and sometimes this times out - and my guess (without debug log evidence we can only guess) that the request fails and thus update isn't triggered. There are also some traffic management controls in-place on the update server that you could run into if there are many LE devices in your network, but that's also unlikely. Kodi debug log (as the settings addon runs under Kodi) would be a starting point.