Library can't find info for some movies: "No information found for item"

• Hello,

I have a fresh install of LibreElec on a RPi3. The Update Library can't find information for some movies whose folder/filenames are perfecly fine, and were present on OSMC just fine, also.

I have tried the default themoviedb scraper and also Universal Movie Scraper, none can find the information for some of my movies. I tried with "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title" enabled and disabled. Same results.

The errors, note that the folder and filenames should be perfectly fine:

Code
    2019-05-30 07:52:39.168 T:1814033264 WARNING: No information found for item '/var/media/MG-5TB/movies/A Fistful of Dollars (1964)/A.Fistful.of.Dollars.1964.1080p.BluRay.HEVC.AC3-SARTRE.mkv', it won't be added to the library.
    2019-05-30 07:52:40.740 T:1814033264 WARNING: No information found for item '/var/media/MG-5TB/movies/Adaptation. (2002)/Adaptation.2002.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4', it won't be added to the library.
    2019-05-30 07:52:41.508 T:1814033264 WARNING: No information found for item '/var/media/MG-5TB/movies/Alien Resurrection (1997)/Alien.Resurrection.Directors.Cut.1997.1080p.BRrip.x264.GAZ.YIFY.mp4', it won't be added to the library.
    2019-05-30 07:52:41.768 T:1814033264 WARNING: No information found for item '/var/media/MG-5TB/movies/Aliens (1986)/japhson-aliens.mkv', it won't be added to the library.
    2019-05-30 07:52:43.581 T:1814033264 WARNING: No information found for item '/var/media/MG-5TB/movies/American Gangster (2007)/American.Gangster.2007.UNRATED.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4', it won't be added to the library.

(disclaimer: I have paid for all those movies on other platforms)

My Logs:

Regular Log:

http://ix.io/1kte

With debug enabled:

Pastiebin.com 5ceff0ce30c52

Can someone help me? I prefer LibreELEC over OSMC for my media center.

Edited once, last by marcogomes (May 30, 2019 at 4:31 PM).

• I had one similar problem with this recently.

My problem was that the Use video tags was enabled. With this option enabled Kodi use information that exists of the media info of the file (if it exist) and not the filename.

I disabled, updated library and the movies was added again.

For disabled (if yours are enabled) you need go to Settings > Media > (enable advanced mode) > Videos > Use video tags

• Official Post

It seems to me that you need to rename the actual file rather than the folder.

So: A.Fistful.of.Dollars.1964.1080p.BluRay.HEVC.AC3-SARTRE.mkv

SB: A Fistful of Dollars (1964) 1080p.mkv

See: Naming Movies

You can also use the Kodi addon to scan for missing movies.

Be aware that theMovieDB and IMDB do not always agree on year - nor spelling.

• You are correct Iridium , but I assumed (and he said) that the filenames and the folders was named correct, because I had this problem before (and with RARBG files too). With Use video tags enabled Kodi use tags presents in the file instead of the filename, and this files have this tags (you can see this tags using a software like MediaInfo).

With my issue, logs showed the name of the tag instead of the filename.

• Thanks edjalmo ! The tip below worked as a charm. Everything is working as expected.

I had one similar problem with this recently.

My problem was that the Use video tags was enabled. With this option enabled Kodi use information that exists of the media info of the file (if it exist) and not the filename.

I disabled, updated library and the movies was added again.

For disabled (if yours are enabled) you need go to Settings > Media > (enable advanced mode) > Videos > Use video tags

• Found this having an issue with one movie not being found by the scrapers. I resigned myself to creating a local .nfo file just to be able to scan it to the library. Then scanned the movie again. It then added the movie as expected.

I then tried refresh and ignore local information. It only went and found the movie details online!

So this might be useful for someone. Don't give up hope 😊